SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: REDUCED popular Japanese 'Hummingbird' acoustic guitar, Kiso Suzuki made. Gorgeous bright sound

What's Hot
cjolleycjolley Frets: 38
edited April 2019 in Acoustics £
  £215.

This is so nearly a keeper... And I've ways wanted one with good reason!

Only selling because I'm supposed to be downsizing!

This sounds just as mellow, yet sparkly, bright and resonant as some much more expensive acoustics I own.

It sustains amazingly well, as you'd expect from a 40+ years old, quality instrument. Well played, but one of the better ones I've seen out there.

I have 2 other Kiso Suzuki guitars and will never part with those, because they are just so well crafted and sound like very high end products. Worth reading about their history, always been great at quality having started as a violin maker in Japan.

This model is quite famously a lawsuit model, as it was too good a copy of the Gibson Hummingbird (£2000+...) For Gibson to allow. I love the aged look, but you can get replacement scratch plates...

I have the original truss rod cover and will re-fit that. It had a slight setup when it came to me and I hadn't replaced it when I took the pics Trades will be considered too.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cjolleycjolley Frets: 38
    edited April 2019
    Trades and offers to value of around £250

Farida R-52 acoustic. Spruce and mahogany, solid wood, Grand Auditorium shape, for something different to your typical Dreadnaught style.

These were £500+ new, and I liked it so much I have 2 of them.

Fabulously bright and lovely mid tones. It's surprised a few people when I've been recording with it, and though hard to believe, it does keep up with the fancier brands all day long.

You will be astonished by how well it sounds and plays.

Brand snobbery and stigma aside this is not a cheap entry level guitar. Solid wood, gorgeous tone, nice looks. Includes original hard case. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andymanandyman Frets: 57
    edited April 2019
    Hey, where are you based? I have a Cimar I may still sell here: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/95358/cimar-c-660-bs-mij
    (please ignore the jerk shitting all over an instrument he's never even seen)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It's just a really lovely sounding old MIJ 12 string guitar, and I believe it is from the early 70s.

Manufactured in Nagoya, Japan - and shows the typical Japanese construction quality.
    This is not a cheap low end instrument, and while not up there with the best of the best, it's actually very nicely made.

Information on this brand is hard to find, and they do not seem to appear very often.

Stays in tune really nicely, and for a 12 string surprisingly easy and normal feel to it. I picked it up and got used to it far quicker than the 3 other 12 strings I own, and noticeably so.

Bonus, as you probably figure - playing a 12 string can really bring on your strength, dexterity, and overall playing, once you're into the intermediate area of things - I recommend having a solid 12 string and playing it from time to time, because it will really help to improve aspects of your playing and for better tone 'from the fingers' when you switch back to a standard acoustic or electric.

Anyway, I hope you will find this interesting in some way, and will be open to offers and trades around the £150 mark.

Many thanks!

Hi, im not sure what you mean?
    I am.based in Liverpool and Chester 
    Sfs, price reduced
    Sfs, price reduced
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8591
    Threads merged
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Why has this this been done? These are two entirely different guitars from the classifieds?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom