SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

All sold.

notanonnotanon Frets: 604
edited July 2021 in Guitars £
Hi All,

Edit: Resurrected this post as a NGD soon. Only the Revelation left. I will leave original post intact.

Given I have just pushed the button on an Ibanez RG370AHMZ (sorry, I should post a NGD, will do soon), I have three guitars for sale. I have one guitar stuck in a case as I have run out of hangers and no more practical space so I need to sell 2 of 3 guitars I would be willing to release. However, I may be interested in trades for 1 of my guitars +plus cash, 2 guitars + cash, all 3 for one guitar, . . . Basically I am open to offers. I can also add cash to a swap of any combination - talk to me ;-)

I would be interested in a Hagstrom Tremar. I have a gretsch G6120 but I would be open to a Gretch G5420/G5120 with TV jones pickups or a Gretsch Corvette, an eastwood airline h78, yamaha TVL with bigsby. I prefer not to have guitars that are similar and I have a Strat, Les Paul studio, Cabronita, Ibanez RG370AHMZ, Baja Telecaster, Gretsch 6120. I prefer not to post. I am based near Swansea. I travel to Bristol often and happy to travel a few miles if it helps.

REVELATION RLR SOLD

Bought this based on  review  - check out the web. I did do a NGD post about it. Since then, I have added a Duesenberg Les Trem II Chrome (circa £75) and a Vansan roller saddle (£15 and very good IMHO). Tuning stability compares with my Gretsch. Original parts will be included. I would describe as excellent used condition. There is one very minor surface scratch from my thumbnail I guess where I adjust the far right tone but that should be able to be buffed out, hard to photograph as reflections and dust are more prominent. Shown in one of the photos is a curious blemish to the left of the fifth fret which doesn't feel like a crack, maybe a finish issue? It is a heavy guitar - on a par with any standard heavy Les Paul. A darker tone but has the out of phase switch which is useful for a Peter Green kind of flavour. Fretwork is excellent. Grover tuners, Entwistle pickups. 

Price: £200 with the Duesenberg Les Trem II Chrome, £150 without.

REVELATION RJT60 QUAD

I bought this based on  excellent guitar for the price. The only hassle is the tremolo will swing loose. I originally posted about the tremelo being loose, I since then found the grub nut to tighten it :-) A few very minor dings that are pictured, no buckle rash, no real fret wear. A very light guitar. Entwistle pickups are excellent.

Price: £150 now £100

CORT SOURCE 335 SOLD

Purchased from tFB - @sweepy a real bargain. I changed the pickup covers to black. I purchased a lighter spring for the Bigsby and also added a Vanson roller I was so impressed with how it transformed the stability on the RLR above. All original hardware will be included. I often pick this guitar up when I am in circumstances where I don't want my Gretsch to suffer damage, it really is a very nice guitar and tuning is as good as my Gretsch. 

Price: £200

TRADE VALUE

Given the minimum sale value from above is £500 then for any guitars from my wish list above I am happy to go with a trade value of £450 without the Duesenberg Les Trem II or £500 with. Talk to me ;-)

Images will be uploaded very soon. Please ask about what looks like scratches and dings - I placed the guitars on a new throw to minimise reflections - that throw is leaking threads. Did the best I could with my mobile camera.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• notanonnotanon Frets: 604

edited April 2019
    I forgot to add. This also had a switchcraft jack added and the guitar technician said no need to upgrade the pots they are CTS pots.

• robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    PM sent about the Cort Wayne - I want it! 

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    edited April 2019
    Interested in the RLR - messaged. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

Sorry for the delay folks, just got in from work. Will respond shortly. 
    edited April 2019
    UPDATE: Cort & RLR potentially sold unless somebody comes up with a snazzy swap. Friday will be the cut off day for trades on these. Failing a trade then @HarrySeven and @robwright will probably be the new owners. 

The Revelation quad is an excellent guitar for tones. I am happy to keep that but feel free to offer a trade.

edited April 2019
    Cort & RLR sold to the true gents @robwright and @HarrySeven . Harry, Rob said if you are thinking of selling that RLR let him know.

Just the Revelation remaining folks. I was going to only sell two of the three guitars but I could not resist bargain Hagstrom from @TheMarlin so one guitar still in a case, which means the Revelation Quad is still up for sale ;-)

Marlin, pleasure to meet you sorry I didn't have more time. Thank you very much for the guitar and I really appreciate the extra strings. Also thanks for driving the 2 hours from your side.

These 3 guitars must be up there with some of the best bargains from theFB. 

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7744
    notanon said:
    Cort & RLR sold to the true gents @robwright and @HarrySeven . Harry, Rob said if you are thinking of selling that RLR let him know.

Just the Revelation remaining folks. I was going to only sell two of the three guitars but I could not resist bargain Hagstrom from @TheMarlin so one guitar still in a case ;-)

Marlin, pleasure to meet you sorry I didn't have more time. Thank you very much for the guitar and I really appreciate the extra strings. Also thanks for driving the 2 hours from your side.

These 3 guitars must be up there with some of the best bargains from theFB. 

My pleasure sir :)
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    The Cort is an absolute gem! Definitely a keeper (though I said that about my wife and several other guitars so .......)

Thanks Wayne! 

edited June 2019
    Revelation is still here. No wall hangers or space left so it needs to go.
    Bump as the Revelation needs to go - NGD soon
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5653
    I’m probably being a bit dense here but which Revalation? 
    @dazzajl  ;REVELATION RJT60 QUAD as posted above. Let me know if you want any more info.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7744
    edited July 2021
    dazzajl said:
    I’m probably being a bit dense here but which Revalation? 
    The one that’s looks jagstang-ish.  Reminds me of the Los straitjacket’s DiPinto Galaxie 4
    https://www.chorder.com/electric-guitars/dipinto/galaxie-4-los-straitjackets-958
    edited July 2021
    I hate dealing with ppl on the likes of fleabay £100
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Where you based @notanon ? That revelation looks a lot of guitar for £100 
    edited July 2021
    Where you based @notanon ? That revelation looks a lot of guitar for £100 
    Near Maesteg. Yes it is, it is a stupid price but no space with new guitar on its way.

A wide range of tones. If anybody has £100 then IMO best £100 you could spend.

Sometimes travel to Bristol.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Yeah your too far away from me but I’m sure for £100 this will disappear very very quickly 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18382
    This is torture! That Revelation is a really good guitar at a price worth far above what you are asking.
    Is there no possibility you could post it?
    I have absolutely no need for one for a number of reasons, but if you can post it I'll take it.