Dweezil plays hot rats

What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
Is on tour in December. Tickets on sale tomorrow, a must if you've ever fallen down the Zappa rabbit hole...

You're welcome :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    When I Google this the first option for Brum is £79 pet ticket. Yet on the venue website £39 and not even on sale yet. Funny old world. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    Thanks! £108 for 2 tickets but it's only up the road from my work so that saves some money!
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4169
    Support the Dweez, and not that hologram abomination that's touring.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Got 2 tickets for Manchester.. foolishly got through ticketmaster for £110... Looked on palace theatre website looked like would have saved a fair amount booking direct. 
  • doogz84doogz84 Frets: 206
    Got Glasgow tickets on Friday. Less than £80 for a pair, delivered, seems like some of you are getting ripped off?! 

Presumably it's cheaper to rent a venue in Glasgow?
  • Super cool! Thanks for the heads up. I’ve booked tickets for the south bank centre the day before my bday ! 
    This was last night..  I home after 1am and I've been up since half 3... But damn... It was good.

His band were incredible. Multi instrumentalists and amazingly proficient, sounded just like Frank, and the multi harmonies were absolutely note perfect.. a rare thing for a live show.. 

If you have a chance to get to one of the shows... Go. Even if your not a Zappa fan, the sheer brilliance of the band would be worth seeing. 

• rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    Going to the Leeds show next week and can't wait.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    What an amazing show.  A totally unsuitable venue - Leeds Town Hall - but the sheer skill and professionalism of the whole band was gobsmacking.   Hot Rats was a joy to hear; Dweezil a joy to watch  - not a face pulled all night and absolutely effortless playing - and the big old hall just added to the late sixties vibe.
    Even the material I wasn't so familiar with kept me fascinated as the interaction between the band members was just how I remember it being when I saw Frank in the seventies.
    Fucking brilliant.  And loud too, thank God.
    rlw said:
     absolutely effortless playing -
    Totally effortless. Made it all look really, really easy. It was the band that amazed me more that Dweezil though.

rlw said:

Even the material I wasn't so familiar with kept me fascinated as the interaction between the band members was just how I remember it being when I saw Frank in the seventies.

Frank was before my time unfortunately, how did it actually compare as a drirect experience?

It was far less weird and far more professional if I'm honest.  I only saw him once and I just looked it up and it was the first show at the Rainbow  - 10/12/1971 - what a coincidence.   The Rainbow show was a shambles, as were most shows those days.  If I saw it today, I'd probably remember it for being so amateur.