SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted - Please Delete

ChéChé Frets: 304
edited November 2014 in Amps £
My back hurts and I miss 6L6's from my Fender Twin days. Help a brother out.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    edited May 2014
    Get wheels.  Then you'll have a good back and no regrets.

Edit: having said that, I played through a LS Classic once in a proper gig situation, and it sounded awesome.
  • ChéChé Frets: 304
    It has wheels, it's the carrying over unwheelable surfaces and up/down stairs that does me in. More so after a 2am gig finish. 

Also, I remember playing a Classic before I picked a Special up and the lead tone was a lot more MKI to my liking. 
    I should have stuck to my gut with the 6L6's and the Fender Twin likeness with the Classic, listen and learn I suppose.

I can't dispute it.  Great sounds.

I do like the LSS sound though.  Gorgeous.
    I might go into my local guitar store tomorrow (which has both) and demo them, not sure I want to though!
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    I converted my combo to head + 2x12 cab and it's much better weight-wise. The 2x12 helps project a bit better as long as it's tilted and the lead tone is annoyingly better at band volumes than at home. 
    With all the masters at noon I don't feel I need big bottles even at 15w although I might eventually move to a higher wattage amp when I can afford it.. 
    anyhow, have a bump
    Yeah I noticed the tone is really lacking if you're off axis from the speaker, very bassy and muddy, raise the amp up so your ear's at speaker height and it's all gravy. I really like the idea of a head and the 4x10 cab. Where did you get the empty head shell from again?
    Zilla will do you a head box to your spec.  IIRC it would have been about £300 for my Nomad wide body to be head-shelled. 

I bottled it because I can't trust myself to measure it properly.  :(