Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ebay scammer? bad dealer?

What's Hot
PablocrackersPablocrackers Frets: 181
Hi

Recently sold a guitar on ebay was listed as collection only, i accept the guys offer he then contacts me saying he will pay for UPS or similar to collect i told him no i had bad experiences with them (they lost a guitar & cost me a load of money & stress) he gets pushy tells me hes never had a problem etc i tell him no its collection only as per listing he says he wont and he will charge me £30 to collect via his courier! I say ive cancelled the listing and he shouldnt be wasting peoples time without reading the listing first.

Two minutes later he gives me bad feedback - the first time ive ever received any! ofcourse i reply with some pleasant remarks!
this buyer was kpmg-jd-pennington
An hour goes buy i get another offer different buyer essexfashionhouse - £300 less same shit he will arrange a courier - im guessing these are the same buyers with different accounts?

I shorlty after received a 3rd offer which ive accepted from a different buyer i wont list his full name as my thoughts are hes genuine tomM*********y2
are there any other aliases we should be aware of for this dealer?

just wanted to warn people avoid this dealer tries to force you into his demands when he doesnt get what he wants gives you bad feedback for fuck all.

thanks
Peter
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    An hour goes buy i get another offer different buyer essexfashionhouse - £300 less same shit he will arrange a courier - im guessing these are the same buyers with different accounts?

Possibly not. Essex fashion house is FB regular ogre Essex Recording Studios trading on a different account.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    edited May 2019
    Could be this guy. He's got a fashion account and is in Essex.

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/140428/essex-recording-studio-ebay-beware/p1

The thread was in Guitar to make people aware, but the mods moved to BCD. Not sure why it can't be back in Guitar so people are aware of him?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 897
    kpmg-jd-pennington kept amkinf the same low offer on an R9 I was thinking of selling but since withdrew. He/she stated they were a retail outfit in Italy. They were very pushy and gave me a bad vibe. My suspicion at the time was the use of "kpmg" in the username was some lazy way of sounding legitimate. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    @Pablocrackers Ebay will easily remove that neg if you phone them...……..
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6914
    tFB Trader
    Looking at the feedback he leaves, he is a serial offender.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    Personally, I won’t buy my briefs from anywhere but Essex Fashion House. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PablocrackersPablocrackers Frets: 181
    Yeh definitely got a bad vibe from this guy, trouble is its gets difficult to know the genuine guys with a-holes like this trawling ebay! Is there a sticky with buyers/ sellers to avoid somewhere? 
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2034
    Think I have had a low ball offer on every guitar I have listed recently from KPMG, always so low they are auto declined.
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    His 'feedback left for others' is almost entirely negative feedbacks where he's tried to pull the same thing. Guy's just a jerk, don't take it personally. Negative feedbacks on ebay from some people's exceptional stupidity sadly isn't uncommon.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    I've had a similar issue with someone that did the same. London & VIntage Guitars, also with an Italian base, I believe. It was an ES-330 described as 'strictly collection only' and 'cash on collection' and they 'bought' it using PayPal and asked me to pay to send it to them via UPS. They begged me not to cancel the sale, but I did on the basis that they'd completely ignored the ad. I wouldn't have anything more to do with them, although they've tried to buy a couple of others since. 

If in doubt (and I would be!) avoid like the plague.
    Call me Dave.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Another rogue trader not registered as a business seller.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    So glad I pulled out of eBay trading.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 491
    No need to cancel listings etc just call eBay with it and they’ll sort it. Defo avoid going forward.
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 782
    edited May 2019
    Hi

Recently sold a guitar on ebay was listed as collection only, i accept the guys offer he then contacts me saying he will pay for UPS or similar to collect i told him no i had bad experiences with them (they lost a guitar & cost me a load of money & stress) he gets pushy tells me hes never had a problem etc i tell him no its collection only as per listing he says he wont and he will charge me £30 to collect via his courier! I say ive cancelled the listing and he shouldnt be wasting peoples time without reading the listing first.

Two minutes later he gives me bad feedback - the first time ive ever received any! ofcourse i reply with some pleasant remarks!
    this buyer was kpmg-jd-pennington

I shorlty after received a 3rd offer which ive accepted from a different buyer i wont list his full name as my thoughts are hes genuine tomM*********y2
    are there any other aliases we should be aware of for this dealer?

just wanted to warn people avoid this dealer tries to force you into his demands when he doesnt get what he wants gives you bad feedback for fuck all.

thanks
    Peter
    Yep, I've come across that seller, he didn't want to accept that I wouldn't ship. This was one of his lines, "My last offer , pay now I am buying another one I will pay ups or dpd with insurance". 

Then I quickly get another offer talking about UPS picking up from me from seller markmine1229. I suspect that it was the same person.

That aside, I've never really had a problem until now with eBay buying and selling but a week ago I paid for a guitar and case, which hasn't been delivered and the guy is now in Thailand. I'm certain I won't lose my money, 95% of me still thinks my problem seller is genuine but the lack of communication is worrying me.

Lesson learned only buy/sell face to face, it's a big enough market.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Good eBay shops and private sellers give advance notice that they are about to be away and/or incommunicado. They also apologise for any unavoidable delays and inconvenience that this creates. 

Be seeing you.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    I agree - face to face is the way, although appreciate that it's not possible for everyone. As a buyer and seller (only to feed the GAS meter) I'm able to do that, and wouldn't do it any other way. Funnily enough, I've just tentatively put a 1938 ES-150, a 40th Anniversary Strat and a Japanese built Alvarez on there, but with no details or pics yet to take advantage of their £1 offer (last minute decision to list them!) but don't know if I can face selling through eBay at the moment. 

it does have it's advantages though - it's a wider market than (with all due respect, genuinely) on here, especially for some of the vintage and jazz stuff, but my heart sinks at the thought of fielding some of the questions! 
    Call me Dave.
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 782
    edited May 2019
    Good eBay shops and private sellers give advance notice that they are about to be away and/or incommunicado. They also apologise for any unavoidable delays and inconvenience that this creates. 

It's a long boring story but I think he's gone for 12 months! I originally saw the guitar on Gumtree and spoke to him on the phone about it. He did say that he had a son who was staying who would sort out any issues when he left for Thailand but I've had no response to any messages left... grrrr! 
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 615
    Thanks for posting Peter, 

I was recently stung by "essexfashionhouse" formerly "randifashion" aka "essexrecordingstudios".

Luckily ebay sided with me and I now have the guitar back, at present I'm still out of pocket for the shipping (£60 insured), but Ive challenged that with ebay.

Avoid like the plague
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    This jd-pennington guy irriates me a lot - he consistently puts in lowball offers if list a guitar he thinks he can flip, and he has currently got a "Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Historic ’57 Reissue Black Beauty" listed for sale, when it is nothing of the sort, just a normal LP Custom. I told him so and got an unpleasant message back.

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6914
    tFB Trader
    DB1 said:
     I wouldn't have anything more to do with them, although they've tried to buy a couple of others since. 
    You know that you can block bidders fro your listings page?