Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ebay scammer? bad dealer?

What's Hot

Comments

• King85King85 Frets: 631
    JohnPerry said:
    In my case the loon “Pennington” not only advertised the Custom Shop Tele he bought from me two days before he received it, simply duplicating my text and pictures, he then (after failing to flog it for a £700 profit within a week) claimed a full refund, falsely alleging it was “not as advertised” while simultaneously keeping his own identical listing live

That might be the most looney story about him so far.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1619
    His new ebay ID is now defunct. He is operating on Reverb instead as Guitar Tree and has slashed his prices to the point at which some are actually not unreasonable.

I do wonder if he's getting out of the whole scam/ripoff business. Must have a lot of dosh tied up in guitars he can't seem to get shot of. 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    King85 said:
    JohnPerry said:
    In my case the loon “Pennington” not only advertised the Custom Shop Tele he bought from me two days before he received it, simply duplicating my text and pictures, he then (after failing to flog it for a £700 profit within a week) claimed a full refund, falsely alleging it was “not as advertised” while simultaneously keeping his own identical listing live

Did the same to me with a LP Standard. Kept sending me low ball offers telling me it was the best price I’d get and I just told him outright to sod off. He then bought it for full BIN under one of his aliases.

Also insisted on sending a courier even though I said pick up only. In the end I just packaged it up, got him to say he accepts all liability in an email and let his DHL guy pick it up.

He relisted the £1200 guitar for £1800 (LOL) using my own text and photos before I’d even sent it.

Think that was his vintagepluslondonguitars or something account.

With hindsight I should have just told him to piss off and I felt like a right muppet as soon as I saw the guitar leave with the courier - some sort of PayPal scam waiting to happen. Never heard anything back though and learnt a lesson.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    Dan_Halen said:
    King85 said:
    JohnPerry said:

Did the same to me with a LP Standard. Kept sending me low ball offers telling me it was the best price I’d get and I just told him outright to sod off. He then bought it for full BIN under one of his aliases.

Also insisted on sending a courier even though I said pick up only. In the end I just packaged it up, got him to say he accepts all liability in an email and let his DHL guy pick it up.

He relisted the £1200 guitar for £1800 (LOL) using my own text and photos before I’d even sent it.

Think that was his vintagepluslondonguitars or something account.

With hindsight I should have just told him to piss off and I felt like a right muppet as soon as I saw the guitar leave with the courier - some sort of PayPal scam waiting to happen. Never heard anything back though and learnt a lesson.
    Yes, very similar to an experience that I had with him, apart from me cancelling the sale after he'd been through almost exactly the same procedure. He virtually pleaded with me not to cancel it, even though it was listed as 'collection only' and he wanted me to pay for a courier to get it to him! I did suggest that he read the listing next time. People like him really put me off using eBay.
    Call me Dave.
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    I’ve had dealings with this guy also. He was operating as the Vintagepluslondonguitars. He purchased a telecaster from me. He paid the asking price after popping in a a couple of silly offers, which I rejected. I then had a message from him as he only had 1 offer remaining asking why I wouldn’t accept his offers. I just said I had so many people watching the item, I’d only take the asking price. Well he paid up. No problem! Then he started asking when I would ship the guitar. Which was listed as collection only. 
    I said I’d only ship it if he paid me the shipping, which I said I wouldn’t do without insurance. So the price was £20-30ish if I remember. He started complaining that was too much and I was to send it uninsured and that I had to sort it as he was in Italy for a week. Quite a blunt message! 
    I replied I don’t have to do anything as it was listed as collection only. 
    This went on for the next few weeks. With him threatening me and me responding that his guitar was waiting for him and to stop messing round. He said he’d get me in trouble with eBay. Get them to refund his money. But I’d already contacted eBay and they were on my side. 
    I got in touch with eBay himself and they told him he had to pick up the guitar himself and that he wasn’t entitled to a refund. He got back in touch with me now offering to pay for shipping with the insurance. So I sorted that for the idiot. If he’d just don’t that in the first place. He’d have had his guitar weeks earlier! 
    I did make sure the guitar was fully photographed for defects before shipping and sent them to eBay at their request. I’m guessing in case  he tried it on. They also said if he left any nasty comments they’d remove them. So I’m guessing they’d had a lot of trouble with him before that!
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    edited August 2019
    I’m surprised eBay continued to let him trade with all these problems.

*Edited for the forum*
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    So.., just to add to Mr Guitar Tree
    I decided to go ahead and buy something from this gangster for the craic. Despite being advertised as being in London.. It actually came from Italy. Guitar did arrive albeit in a somewhat dirty state. It did however have some issues which weren't described in the listing. I contacted him to ask why this was the case and he as good as said 'go F yourself'

Nice dude. Long runs the Fox Fabio son! 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Anchorboy said:
    So.., just to add to Mr Guitar Tree
    I decided to go ahead and buy something from this gangster for the craic. Despite being advertised as being in London.. It actually came from Italy. Guitar did arrive albeit in a somewhat dirty state. It did however have some issues which weren't described in the listing. I contacted him to ask why this was the case and he as good as said 'go F yourself'

Nice dude. Long runs the Fox Fabio son! 
    Seems like a good opportunity to give him a bit of karma. Open a case! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9593
    Simon_M said:
    I’m surprised eBay continued to let him trade with all his asshattery.
    Fees.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Simon_M said:
    Fees.
    Money talks. (Come on, come on, listen to the money talk)
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Simon_M said:
    Simon_M said:
    Fees.
    Dirty cash I want you, dirty cash I need you oooh ooh 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Simon_M said:
    Simon_M said:
    Fees.
    Dirty cash I want you, dirty cash I need you oooh ooh 
    Only money counts. One million, two billion,  three trillion, four gazillion.....
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6055
  • Looks like he's back under a new account, rather than changing his name.

Underthebridge 

I listed my 335 - he offered me a stupid price, then said it must be PayPal to cover him and he's in Italy so would need posting there.

New message from: buildthebridge (10Yellow Star)

no i didnt change my name , I run a few accounts 
    as I am buyer to shops in london and EUROPE.

and all my ebays has 100% feedbacks

I can only pay that amount at ebay and you send to me that is the best I can do. 

Kind Regards

• Report him to ebay mate, they know all about him although they continue to let him trade on there!
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3971
    "I didn't change my name, I'm just on a different account with a different name" is an....interesting claim.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I said I wasn't interesting in his offer and that he should be careful as he's all over the forums. 

Reply. .. 

ebay policy you can have many accounts you wish 

I work with big shops around EUROPE 

I really dont care about "" uk forum "" most of uk seller and buyers has mental issues 
    and they lost all cases open against us !!!

our major markets are EUROPE , USA , CANADA 

dont care about ''uk'' and the forums at ALL :-] 

WE NEVER STOLE anyone and we buy pay instantly 

the top of the tops guitars 

"" we are only growing since we start it ""

and we would never have a name as yours

NEVER :-] 

a tip for you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rofl! I think its clear who has issues!
  • I just find it funny. 

He is a nutter. 
  • And what he doesn't realise is that he contacted me years ago - and I know his name - Fabio, old ebay name Firebird Guitars and mobile phone number, which I won't add as I can't condone him getting messages from us lot
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom