Anyone done a Tough Mudder?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    Cirrus said:
    Anyways. I did a tough mudder about 3 years ago. It wasn't too bad. Did some running beforehand but nothing serious, and was surprised how non-fatal it felt to do. The toughest part of the obstacles were the walls - I have the upper body strength of a walker's crisp.
    I can knock out a 10k without much fuss (not overly quick mind), so it was the obstacles that I was whether the obstacles were achievable for a walker's crisp that I was wondering - sounds like they're ok!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12312
    ewal said:
    Vastly over-priced and likely to be full of office staff out rolling about in the mud in the name of team building. No thanks.
    Hmmm yes, that's why you you wouldn't bother  ;)
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • @Wazmeister genuine LOL.

No one shouting, the emphasis is on helping others (hence height not mattering) if you go off after about 10:00 in the morning you run a short amount, then queue for the obstacle then run again. It was a great laugh and they keep you topped up with snacks and water on the way round. Not remotely "tough" comments about the white collar staff and team building defintely hold a ring of truth. chances are you may spend time hauling a project manager or 50 up an obstacle.  =)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    I know 2 guys at work who have done them and they both LOVED it! I would have definitely done one but for my arthritic hip/knee. 
    As an update to the OP, I completed it on Saturday  =)
    The weather was about as bad as it could have been - before we even started we were soaked to the core and shivering. I'm a bit battered and bruised from throwing my self at obstacles but it was great fun and a good thing to do with friends.

My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I'd rather crawl through shit than do a tough mudder.
    Sassafras said:
    I'll have you know that I paid a significant amount to crawl through shit, but I got a can of Brewdog and a new T-shirt at the end  ;)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    BigMonka said:
    Sassafras said:
    I'll have you know that I paid a significant amount to crawl through shit, but I got a can of Brewdog and a new T-shirt at the end  ;)
    Does the tshirt say "I crawled through sh1t and all I got was a lousy tshirt (and some brewdog)"?
    munckee said:
    BigMonka said:
    Sassafras said:
    Does the tshirt say "I crawled through sh1t and all I got was a lousy tshirt (and some brewdog)"?
    I'll put that suggestion on the feedback form - I'd be more likely to wear that in future than the one that says "Mudder Nation"  :s
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Just seems to be a way to persuade people with money to part with more than necessary.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    Just seems to be a way to persuade people with money to part with more than necessary.
    I was kinda under that impression too, but having seen the effort taken to create the course and facilities and staff it I can see why it must cost an awful lot of money to put the event on. So whilst it is expensive (there are enough discount codes that no-one should pay full price) it's not all just bucket loads of profit for them.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    BigMonka said:
    I was kinda under that impression too, but having seen the effort taken to create the course and facilities and staff it I can see why it must cost an awful lot of money to put the event on. So whilst it is expensive (there are enough discount codes that no-one should pay full price) it's not all just bucket loads of profit for them.
    Yeah I guess. I just have an irrational fear/distrust of middle-aged-obstacle-course-(wo)man.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.