Oil CIty Pickups: a sale to celebrate the new workshop

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10349
in Made in the UK tFB Trader
We are in and largely settled into our new home ... so by way of a celebration I'm launching an early summer sale (though there aren't many signs of an early Summer yet),

It'll be on selected lines and be our 'Fender Summer' cos we love Teles ans Strats!
Strat Masterwound sets: Origin 54, PreBS 62, and Route 66 sets will be 20% off
Strat Standard Range sets: Triple Blues, StoneTone, Caliber 53 15% 0ff
Tele.Masterwound individual or sets: Summer of Love 67 20% off
Tele Standard range individual or sets: Alligator, Californian, Hardman, Thames Delta, Dirsel Tap, Wapping Wharf, FortyNiner 15% off.
PM me for Paypal invoice and lets get the ball rolling :-)
Note: the sale doesn't include custom work or relic finishes.

The deal will be the same as our usual Christmas sale: the pickups will be wound for you as normal, and delivered within four working weeks of the end of the sale period Saturday 11th May till Friday 31st (to allow me time for the extra work).
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• m_cm_c Frets: 1238
    Oh, and there was me trying to avoid spending money!

I have been considering upgrading my PRS SE Tremonti so it's at least got a matched pair.
    It's currently got an IronGear Rolling Mill ( http://www.irongear.co.uk/irongear_pickups_011.htm ) in the neck, which is OK, but I'd quite like something with a bit more power. At least that's what I'm told was in it, but I've never had it out to check!
    And I'm assuming the original bridge which sounds very thin in comparison.

What do you suggest from your range I should be considering?
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1238
    And I've just realised it's only single coils that you're doing the discount on!

An answer to my previous post would be good, but I'll probably order a set of PreBS 62's or Route 66's for my next build just now. Just struggling to decide on what colour will work best with a blue body, and black pickguard...
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10349
    tFB Trader
    m_c said:
    And I've just realised it's only single coils that you're doing the discount on!

An answer to my previous post would be good, but I'll probably order a set of PreBS 62's or Route 66's for my next build just now. Just struggling to decide on what colour will work best with a blue body, and black pickguard...

Ivory ... works well with blue
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• danbandanban Frets: 343
    Anything on sale in the P90s dogear vain?
    tFB Trader
    danban said:
    Just looking at the possibility of that now ... watch this space

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Yeah plus one for p90 single coil deal LOL

danban said:
    Just looking at the possibility of that now ... watch this space
    Waiting and salivating...hold on let me put my teeth in!

Whose pots and capacitors (Wire Harness) would you recommend?
    tFB Trader
    500k CTS vintage taper pots ... 22k orange drop caps

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    500k CTS vintage taper pots ... 22k orange drop caps
    Perfect, I’m liking the look of the Jin-go.

I feel that as nice as the Gordon Smith p90 is, it feels like it’s lacking some openness and clarity (The best I can describe it) compared to the 65 Gibson with P90 pickup has.