SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Gretsch G5440 LSB

What's Hot
honkytonkhonkytonk Frets: 34
edited June 2019 in Basses £
Gretsch Electromatic G5440LSB (long scale bass)

Really don't want to have to sell this but as it's last in its possibly first out as a new ongoing project means I'm after something else.
Cheapest price new I can see online is £980 from PMT and they don't have it in stock. Otherwise the average is £1100 and those prices are without a case. This one has a Gator GL case which cost over £100. Bass is mint condition with no issues. 

Some blurb about the bass :

The G5440LS Electromatic Hollow Body Long-Scale Bass is armed with two powerful new “Black Top” Filter’Tron™ humbucking bass pickups that endow it with an electrifying deep-end voice and identity.
Single-cutaway hollow and bound body features sound-post bracing and elegant bound f holes. Other features include a maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and hump-block pearloid inlays, three-position pickup switch, classic “G” arrow control knobs, rosewood-based four-saddle Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and “G”-cutout tailpiece.

Model Name:     G5440LSB Electromatic® Hollow Body 34" Long Scale Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard, Orange
Model Number:     2518000512
Series:     Gretsch® Electromatic Collection

Color:     Orange

Body Shape:     Electromatic® Bass
Bracing:     Sound Post
Body Material:     5-Ply Maple
Body Finish:     Gloss Urethane
Body Back:     5-Ply Arched Maple
Body Top:     5-Ply Arched Maple

Neck Material:     Maple
Scale Length:     34" (864 mm)
Number of Frets:     22
Fret Size:     Medium Jumbo
String Nut:     Delrin®
Nut Width:     1.6875" (42.8 mm)
Neck Plate:     None
Neck Finish:     Gloss Urethane
Fingerboard:     Rosewood
Position Inlays:     Hump-Block

Bridge Pickup:     Blacktop™ Filter'Tron™
Neck Pickup:     Blacktop™ Filter'Tron™
Controls:     Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
Pickup Switching:     3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup

Bridge:     Rosewood-Based 4-Saddle Adjusto-Matic™
Tuning Machines:     Gotoh® Die-Cast
Orientation:     Right-Hand
Pickguard:     None

Strings:     NPS, Gauges .045-.105
Unique Features:     Hump-Block Fret Board Inlays, Bound Body Top and Back, Bound Sound Holes, Bound Fingerboard, Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs, Adjustable Truss Rod, "G" Cutout Tailpiece

£695 no cash offers

Pickup from Ayr 25 miles south of Glasgow
Will post at cost
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• honkytonkhonkytonk Frets: 34
    can provide other pics on request.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    I am surprised that @Bridgehouse has not commented on this. 

Is any part of the bridge pinned to the soundboard?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    This sounds daft but I don't actually know the answer to that. I purposely haven't changed the strings since getting the bass so I don't know whether the bridge is floating or pinned. Will have a look though.

I could possibly be into a MusicMan Stingray or Sterling as well. I like them too
    BUMP

Interested in G&L, Musicman and Fender guitars too.maybe higher end Pacifica and Revstar models. Ovation Electro acoustics also (Custom Legend/Elite etc) cash either way depending on what is offered