Stripping an SE ONE

Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1756
edited May 2019 in Making & Modding
I have recently stripped my old Vintage double cut junior which really was a mission I regret starting as the paint was fairly easy but whatever the sealer coat was pretty much the stuff they build fallout shelters with so much on the neck which is skinny as a snake it got left on as it was like 5mm thick, by the time I get it all off reckon the neck will be really whippy. It also covered up a good few bodges on the body and infilled unfinished gouges. But then its a cheap guitar. 

The next refinish project is the SE ONE I bought for a song a couple of years back as a modding platform but time has kept me away. Its happily become my every day around the house guitar and after a setup plays really easy. 

I am just wondering if I going to encounter a similar ball ache getting the sealer off this one. 

Has anyone here stripped an SE back to wood any pointers other than be prepared to graft. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Yes its tough going their sealer is bloody tough on those.  Ive sanded one and used a heat gun on the other and that's the way to go it was much quicker.  I'm out at the mo but will pop some pics up later for 
    you. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom