Headphones for e-drums?

Morning all, easy question time... what headphones are you using for e-drums? I’m using a Roland TD17, which states anything between 50 and 150 ohms should work ok. I currently use Sennheiser Momentum 2s, but the cable isn't really long enough and I’d rather keep them for work and have something dedicated for the drums.

I’m looking at Beyerdynamic DT770 and AudioTechnia ATH-M50X based on reddit suggestions, but wondering if anyone recommends anything else? Soft fabric ear cups are preferred, and anything lightweight for obvious reasons, but otherwise I’m open to suggestions. 
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    I use shure SRH840s closed back to avoid sound bleed and they have a great curly cable to avoid tripping on the cable.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2932
    I use ath-m50x, really nice.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    I use ath-m50x too, really awesome cans.. though I'm normally plugging into the interface/superior drummer .. but they definately work fine with my td3.. 
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2274

Not for drums especially, but for silent rehearsing (guitar) while standing and bouncing about along to drum and a backing tracks,  I use in-ear canal Shure 215 with the medium foam buds direct from the mixer.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/shure-se215-cl-sound-isolating-in-ear-monitors-clear-eligible-for-two-year-warranty-exchange-(see-notes)-se215?LGWCODE=SE215;56375;6335&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz8re2O3F4gIVT7ftCh1F0w3_EAYYASABEgJOevD_BwE

I use a cable extension  - they are never never long enough. You can replace the cable on these if they get stress breaks.

The 215s are punchy very clear and great value. I've used higher end Shure head pieces (and had them stolen) so this is a compromise, but one I'm happy with and I've stopped obsessing about detail.

The supplied cable is not noisy (when fixed close to  the back of the head with the rubber thingy. 

I find the in-ear canal solution better and more comfortable than ht sweaty ears from closed over-ear designs. 

My extension cable has an in-line rotary volume control for quick turn down/up control close to me without having to reach for the desk level. It was dead cheap form eBay. Not great quality. They break and can be replaced cheaply. I'd like to find a high quality alternative, but all the ones I see with the in-line control are cheapos.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26891
    Cheers all. 

I actually already use SE215s but haven’t tried them on drums yet as the cable is unreadably short, and I prefer a full cans for playing based stuff.

I still like the look of then DT770s most. I think I’ll try a set and see how I get on..
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26891
    Update - I went for the BeyerDynamic DT770 (80 ohm, fwiw). They're great. Really comfortable & lightweight, block a healthy amount of noise and sound brilliant.