What has annoyed you today?

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    VimFuego said:
    mrs f's nurse. All the nurses she's had so far have been brilliant, but today's nurse seemed to spend more time sat at the nurses station filling in paper work and not doing the more important stuff. Like, for example, making sure mrs f had adequate pain relief, She's been prescribed oxycodone, as she doesn't tolerate morphine very well, it's been working brilliantly, and the consultant and the pain nurse said she could have it every 2 hours. But the nurse today decided otherwise and each time she asked for it, the nurse questioned her on why. Bearing in mind she had a 9 hour operation only on friday and has an 18'' wound across her belly held together with staples. She was even being arsey handing out some paracetomol, in the end Mrs f went over 7 hours with no pain relief at all. I ended up talking to the ward sister and asked her is this was policy. Oddly enough, Sammy popped up 2 mins later with some pain relief. 
    Thankfully, they discharged her this evening, so can now take her pain relief when she needs it. 
    I retract my whining. Hope the recovery goes well. 
    Seconded consider my whining retracted as well and very best wishes.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Buffering TV downloads.....drives you nuts.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1391
    People who using the phonetic alphabet. Tango Whisky Alpha Tangos - each and every one one of them....
    Bravo, I can certainly Echo how you feel.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5833
    SimonC said:
    People who using the phonetic alphabet. Tango Whisky Alpha Tangos - each and every one one of them....
    Bravo, I can certainly Echo how you feel.
    Stop it! You sound a right Charlie.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Mate, you’re travelling from Bristol! What did you expect? Scoaty entitled scoungers with a Trust Fund, sofa surfing in Stokes Croft being so f##king woke, while daddy’s country house in Hampshire lies empty, is just normal everyday behaviour. Don’t get the train from Temple Meads if you don't like it!
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    Foxtrot Oscar,  it has its uses. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    MLten80 said:
    grownups who cant poo at work ;) 

(jokes skunkwerx,  the loos at our place are worse than the local meatmarket)
    Heh, I just refuse to wipe my ass with anything less than cushelle triple quilted. 

Just kiddin. I've used andrex when times are tough.. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    So far so good today. I felt myself getting a little bit sweaty when some knob in a BMW decided to tailgate me for about 10 miles on the M40 this morning, but other than that it has been broadly fine.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    edited June 2019
    Driving home last night, I was following a car down a narrow street with parked cars on one side. As we’re going round a slight bend, the car in front pulls neatly into a parking space, so I carry on past him. As I get around the bend, I see a van trying to come the other way, so I immediately pull into a gap on my left and wave him through.

However, as he drives past me he winds his windows down, calls me a “fucking doughnut” and tells me to “pay attention” then drives off in a huff...

Apparently the car who pulled into the parking space was trying to let the van through.

Now a) I couldn’t see the van as he was around the bend, and b) even if I did see him I couldn’t have done anything different because the gap I pulled into to let him through was the only gap along the street. Was all that abuse really necessary?  :/
    Maynehead said:
    Driving home last night, I was following a car down a narrow street with parked cars on one side. As we’re going round a slight bend, the car in front pulls neatly into a parking space, so I carry on past him. As I get around the bend, I see a van trying to come the other way, so I immediately pull into a gap on my left and wave him through.

However, as he drives past me he winds his windows down, calls me a “fucking doughnut” and tells me to “pay attention” then drives off in a huff...

Apparently the car who pulled into the parking space was trying to let the van through.

Now a) I couldn’t see the van as he was around the bend, and b) even if I did see him I couldn’t have done anything different because the gap I pulled into to let him through was the only gap along the street. Was all that abuse really necessary?  :/
    This surprises me, as van drivers are usually so courteous to other road users.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    Where do I start,.  Every fucking thing has transpired to piss me off today, roll on 7pm when I finish work for 17 days
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    sweepy said:
    Where do I start,.  Every fucking thing has transpired to piss me off today, roll on 7pm when I finish work for 17 days
    Tell someone who cares...
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    JAYJO said:
    sweepy said:
    Tell someone who cares...
    Love you too, sweet cheeks ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1323
    I drove 12 miles into central London to meet a customer at 8.30am.  Phoned them 5 minutes after they were due to arrive "Oh, I didn't get your confirmation email". Went back to my car to find some lowlife trying to break into it. When I challenged him, he called me a "fat bastard".
    12reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Doctors. If I’m 10 mins late they cancel my appointment. Today I have an app at 950

still fucking sat here waiting. 50 mins waiting in a room full of kids and old folks. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11411

Audi that didn't indicate.

Probably post the same tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that......

Driving through Bracknell. Stuck in traffic jam for 45 minutes. The reason? Surrey council have decided to give the grass on the central reservation a trim. Why not do it at night? Even better, why not tarmac it. Cunts. It’s really taken the gloss off my NPD. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    actually they do do it at night too. However, why they have to close the lanes off over a mile before the actual bit of strimming is beyond me as even at night it causes a slow-back... I remember a time...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    When you’re driving on a single-track country road, and someone turning out of a side lane sees you coming but still pulls out in front of you, then dawdles along at literally half the speed you were going at, and will not pull into any passing space to let you past. For about five miles...

I was finally able to overtake where the road widens slightly - only about half a mile before the main road, but I thought it was worth making the point.

Small beer compared to Vim’s one, but that sort of lack of common courtesy really pisses me off.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    beed84 said:
    Customer's who call for help, but then don't accept the help you're trying to give them. To be fair, this is a daily occurrence I've grown accustomed to. Although it annoys me, I find it mildly amusing too.
    Misplaced apostrophes really wound me up today.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom