What has annoyed you today?

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    crunchman said:

Audi that didn't indicate.

Probably post the same tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that......

It's there in the name - Arseholes Usually Don't Indicate...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6098
    The discovery that most BMW, Audi and SUVs are not fitted with indicators.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    equalsql said:
    The discovery that most BMW, Audi and SUVs are not fitted with indicators.
    Or rear view mirrors. Plus their drivers have their depth perception surgically removed. 
    A car park attendant in Oxford. 

Parked in a parent and child bay. Attendant came out of his office, and in his most sarcastic voice said “you do realise these spaces are reserved for parents with children don’t you?” No doubt assuming I parked there because it was closest to the shops.

”Yes”, I replied, as he stood at the back of my car, starting to take the registration details.

so I opened the boot, took out the pram, opened the rear door and took Genevieve out of her seat. “Look, a child!”. At that point he trudged off without even a word of apology. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72254

Parked in a parent and child bay. Attendant came out of his office, and in his most sarcastic voice said “you do realise these spaces are reserved for parents with children don’t you?” No doubt assuming I parked there because it was closest to the shops.
    It was probably because you're male.

I once had a similar thing in a car park when I was going to pick up one of my kids, when they were all quite small - I was shouted at by a woman in another car who said I shouldn't be parking there as it was a parent and child space and didn't I know how difficult it was to find a space to get her two kids in and out of her car?

So I asked her to get out and come and look at the *three* child seats in the back of mine. She drove off in a huff.

But men know nothing about looking after small children, of course...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    My 7 year old moans at me these days because I say she is big enough to walk for 30 seconds longer and we should leave the parent and child spaces for people with younger children (or gits in Audis).
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Landing in London. Being in a taxi for over an hour, desperately needing a shit

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    ICBM said:

It was probably because you're male.

I once had a similar thing in a car park when I was going to pick up one of my kids, when they were all quite small - I was shouted at by a woman in another car who said I shouldn't be parking there as it was a parent and child space and didn't I know how difficult it was to find a space to get her two kids in and out of her car?

So I asked her to get out and come and look at the *three* child seats in the back of mine. She drove off in a huff.

But men know nothing about looking after small children, of course...
    something I discovered only the other day, the children in question have to be yours. You can't just grab some off the street!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2591
    Doctors. If I’m 10 mins late they cancel my appointment. Today I have an app at 950

still fucking sat here waiting. 50 mins waiting in a room full of kids and old folks. 
    That irritates the hell out of me too.  Doctors are not the only culprits,  there's a widespead assumption than anyone operating in a business or similar capacity is within their rights to treat their time as precious and yours as irrelevant. 
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    For a bit of closure on my previous tale of woe...my Dremel-alike turned up today (a cordless unit from Sabrecut - £32, which is a bloody bargain for what you get), so I've just spend half an hour out in the rain mucking around with the boot struts out of sheer bloody-mindedness.

First up, the Sabrecut worked a treat - literally a minute or so was all it took to cut through the ball-end bolts. A bit of using a kitchen blowtorch to heat up the remainder of the bolt and melt the glue and then 30 seconds' work with the socket wrench solved the problem. There was a bit of glue left in the threads and the new bolts were a really tight fit, so a bit more heat from the blowtorch (to simultaneously melt the remaining glue and heat the threat to a bit of expansion), and...new bolt in. New struts went in perfectly, although they're slightly shorter than the OEM ones so the boot doesn't open quite as far as it did.

In any case, the boot now opens on its own with almost zero effort. Job well done.

Eventually.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24263
    Discovering that despite being told at the interview that my new job is ‘flexi time’, the only thing flexi about it is whether I’m supposed to be in the office at stupid o’clock or half an hour earlier.  Also, being told that “we don’t pay overtime, you get time off in lieu”, except that it’s never convenient for them to approve any time off in lieu, so you just keep accruing hours that you can never take off.  THEN today, I read my contract in detail and, lo and behold, they DO pay overtime with the OPTION of agreeing to an employee’s request to take time off instead, and if you want to take time off in lieu, it’s at the same rate as it was accrued - i.e. 1:1 but if it’s paid as overtime, it’s at time and a half!

I can see a battle ahead.  I’m not going to be popular with my new bosses but...  I’m not working extra hours for fuck-all!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    Emp_Fab said:
    Discovering that despite being told at the interview that my new job is ‘flexi time’, the only thing flexi about it is whether I’m supposed to be in the office at stupid o’clock or half an hour earlier.  Also, being told that “we don’t pay overtime, you get time off in lieu”, except that it’s never convenient for them to approve any time off in lieu, so you just keep accruing hours that you can never take off.  THEN today, I read my contract in detail and, lo and behold, they DO pay overtime with the OPTION of agreeing to an employee’s request to take time off instead, and if you want to take time off in lieu, it’s at the same rate as it was accrued - i.e. 1:1 but if it’s paid as overtime, it’s at time and a half!

I can see a battle ahead.  I’m not going to be popular with my new bosses but...  I’m not working extra hours for fuck-all!
    How's the drive to work?

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24263
    I’m happy on the train thanks.  I’m meeting people, getting exercise, losing weight, reading people’s emails over their shoulder.  (Jacqui, if you’re reading this, never start a sentence with ‘But’.  Apart from that your speech looked good.)
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2894
    edited June 2019
    Our cats. They're just so fucking annoying. Anyone who thinks they're easier and less hassle than a dog is wrong. At least dogs have boundaries and can be trained to do as they're told. Cats just do whatever they want, get in the way and climb/scratch up everything. Plus you have to clean up their toxic smelling shit and clumped up piss filled litter from a tray. Just awful. Somehow my wife is blind to all of this. I'd get rid of them tomorrow if she didn't love them so much. The dog has a walk in the morning, then happily sleeps/plays by himself in the kitchen the rest of the day. And doesn't stink the house out with a shit and piss tray.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    Don’t cats usually go out for a shit?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Manual gearboxes. Picked up a hire car from the airport, thought a manual would be easy. I’ve not driven a manual since 2007. Anyway. Got in car, stalled it immediately, then proceeded to bunny hop it like a complete spaz all the way out of the multi-storey.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12886
    Between guitar gear, synths, my mixer, midi stuff, powered speakers, monitors, my computer, ethernet, headphones, peripherals etc i have not only run out of usb sockets and power sockets in my workroom, but there are so many bloody cables everywhere it's doing my head in. No idea how to keep the cables tidy, it's pretty much impossible... 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    The drive from the Midlands to SW Wales, this afternoon not sure how much some people paid for their driving licences
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited June 2019

jonnyburgo said:
    Don’t cats usually go out for a shit?
    If you train them and lead by example, yes

Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    I’m happy on the train thanks.  I’m meeting people, getting exercise, losing weight, reading people’s emails over their shoulder.  (Jacqui, if you’re reading this, never start a sentence with ‘But’.  Apart from that your speech looked good.)
    But all I would say is, you need to do more to look after yourself. But don't worry about my advice, I'm sure you've got this. But just be careful.

Bye!