Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    The weather.......

And every day this week 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4086
    hywelg said:
    The weather.......

Sweet Christ though, the weather.  I used to have some lawn furniture, at the rate the grass is growing I'm going to need a scythe and a map to find it.

I suspect I'm being punished for sharpening the lawnmower blade last weekend in preparation.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    sweepy said:
    The drive from the Midlands to SW Wales, this afternoon not sure how much some people paid for their driving licences
    With you on this. Since I started driving more for work I’ve become increasingly irritated by the fact that it seems 90% of the population haven’t got the slightest idea how to drive properly on a multi lane road. 

This morning’s treat was the idiot in front of me who insisted on slamming the brakes on HARD every time he passed an average speed camera through a few mile stretch of 50mph, despite the fact that his average speed was about 45 before braking! 
  • randellarandella Frets: 4086
    Mind you, as re. the weather - I gather it's OK at the Rose Bowl where Woakes has just bowled a maiden to open.

Does anyone know about property prices in Southampton? :)
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Germans. 
  • The French.

Bye!

• antonyivantonyiv Frets: 300
    Mark Agnessi.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    A bus driver who took it upon himself to force his way out of the bus lane just to be a dick and clipped the wing mirror of my car. Amazingly, no damage... but by luck rather than judgement.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9498
    The twat riding his bike on the narrow pavement I was walking on. I have nothing against riding on the pavement... as long as you’re 12 years old or under. If you’re an adult riding on the pavement, I will not deviate from my path. Ended up smacking my forearm into the prick’s handlebars. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited June 2019
    Claire Balding 

People who say “the book is better”. You sound pompous and make me want to take a hammer to your kneecaps 

this is probably better off in “shit that boils my piss”
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26450
    So...today was the day. Got everything out of the way during the week, acquired an assortment of rattle cans for respraying the spoiler on the car (primer, colour, clear coat), got all the sandpaper and had everything ready.

Get up at 8am to get started, wife has toothache (quite badly). So we hunt around for an NHS dentist who'll take new patients for an emergency, find one 15 miles away, with an appointment at midday - so I can't take the spoiler off 'cos there's no real way to seal the bolt holes.

While we're in Oakham, she wants to have a look round the shops. OK, fine. Then she wants to go food shopping...right. After that, it's "Well, while you're doing the painting, I can do the garden, so let's go to the garden centre". With gritted teeth...done.

Get back home at 4pm. 15 minutes taking the spoiler off, then got everything assembled in the back garden, start sanding and...five minutes later, torrential rain.

Oh, and did I mention that she "forgot" her purse while we were out, so I got to pay for everything too, dentist included.

What. A. Wonderful. Day.
    <space for hire>
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    ^^ It never rains, mate, it only pours...  :s  Chin up!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1323
    The twat riding his bike on the narrow pavement I was walking on. I have nothing against riding on the pavement... as long as you’re 12 years old or under. If you’re an adult riding on the pavement, I will not deviate from my path. Ended up smacking my forearm into the prick’s handlebars. 
    I got abuse from a similar eco-warrior last week when I asked when his mum was going to let him go on the road.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyR said:
    I got abuse from a similar eco-warrior last week when I asked when his mum was going to let him go on the road.
    Hahaha I'm stealing that

Bye!

Today I am being annoyed by private beaches where the great unwashed are allowed to lay between you and the sea. Plus there’s a lot of Germans about. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    Today I am being annoyed by private beaches where the great unwashed are allowed to lay between you and the sea. Plus there’s a lot of Germans about. 
    Are you still in Kos, @SouthpawMark ?  Last time I was there (maybe 5 years ago) it was Dutch people, on bikes, not Germans.

Nice place.

Nitefly said:
    Are you still in Kos, @SouthpawMark ?  Last time I was there (maybe 5 years ago) it was Dutch people, on bikes, not Germans.

Nice place.

No I’m not in Kos. I’m in Mallorca. It has been alright whenever we’ve stayed in our sleepy part of the island, but wifey wanted to take Genevieve to a different beach today, and told me that I was to take them both to Paguera, where her parents took her to about 35 years ago. Paguera is hell on Earth, and I am hating every minute of it.  
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12313
    We’re in Turkey at the moment. The place is full of Russians. The Germans are pussycats compared to Russians: overweight loudmouthed tattooed self entitled yobs. And that’s just the women. 
    boogieman said:
    We’re in Turkey at the moment. The place is full of Russians. The Germans are pussycats compared to Russians: overweight loudmouthed tattooed self entitled yobs. And that’s just the women. 
    The German women are the worst. It’s the Grotbags cackle of a laugh that makes me want to throw the towels they put out at 4am in the sea. 

Anyway. Told wifey I had a rubbish day, had a row about it, and now I’m relaxing under the aircon back at the house. Dinner out tonight might be cancelled, but there’s a BBQ pizza in the fridge. Every cloud... 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
    Stuttering video playback right on the vinegar strokes.  Spoiled it completely.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom