Boss Alert!!! 2019

What's Hot

Comments

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Waza Space Echo that doesn't digitise the dry signal?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    DF-2 @ICBM Edition
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

I kind of hope it isn't a new delay pedal. I've managed to resist the strymon volante and stuck with an elcap. but I'm not sure I could with a small form space echo...

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    jpttaylor said:
    DF-2 @ICBM Edition
    Please tell me it has a dpdt switch
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Must be the highly anticipated Tera Echo Wazacraft? 

=) 
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3984
    Looks like the long awaited combined Space Echo and HM-2 pedal that's the size of an entire tabletop.

That's what I've gleaned from that video anyway.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    sgosden said:

I kind of hope it isn't a new delay pedal. I've managed to resist the strymon volante and stuck with an elcap. but I'm not sure I could with a small form space echo...

Haven’t watched the video yet but it has to be something along these lines doesn’t it?

Boss’ answer to the Volante.....
    How very rock and roll
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I guess we are heading toward summer NAMM so there will be a few teaser campaigns around. But an updated RE20 seems a fairly obvious/ attractive option. Either becoming more compact or adding more options I guess as well as analogue dry through. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    If it is the RE-20, I wish they'd make the repeats a bit louder. It's one of the things that sets the Echoplex above it - that you can make the repeats louder than the initiating note. If they fixed that and put it in a single box format they could sell gazillions.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72308
    jpttaylor said:
    DF-2 @ICBM Edition
    lol

I have two already, and a broken one... don't need another :).

JezWynd said:
    If it is the RE-20, I wish they'd make the repeats a bit louder.
    And make it possible to turn *off* the tap tempo once it's been engaged, by holding the footswitch down. And make the tap tempo apply to the *second* of the two repeats in the multi-head settings. And make it possible to turn off the oh-so-cool slow change in speed, which is a massive pain in the bum when you're trying to dial it in accurately... if they did all that I might buy another one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    The existing RE-20 is still at full price in Andertons and Thomann, you'd imagine they'd be trying to clear them out if it was being Waza'd. 
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    Boss are stepping up their advertising a notch. They really are an awesome brand. Keep coming back to their stuff 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    watched the video again last night, and there's loads of less obvious pedals hidden in there. obviously the space echo and HM get a bit of air time, but theres also a blue pedal on an anvil, an ES8, a RV-? at somepoint, plus more i 'm sure i missed
  • ICBM said:
    jpttaylor said:
    DF-2 @ICBM Edition
    lol

I have two already, and a broken one... don't need another :).

JezWynd said:
    If it is the RE-20, I wish they'd make the repeats a bit louder.
    And make it possible to turn *off* the tap tempo once it's been engaged, by holding the footswitch down. And make the tap tempo apply to the *second* of the two repeats in the multi-head settings. And make it possible to turn off the oh-so-cool slow change in speed, which is a massive pain in the bum when you're trying to dial it in accurately... if they did all that I might buy another one.
    Agree with these and would also add:
    Remove the ‘+reverb’ positions from the mode switch in favour of more multi tap combinations, and just have the reverb controllable independently. 
    Make some of the modes correspond to tap tempo subdivisions e.g. dotted 8th
    Choice of functions when holding down the tap tempo switch - feedback on its own is more useful than feedback with maxed rate.
    Choice of buffered bypass rather than always-on preamp and volume control
    Scrap the independent treble and bass controls in favour of a tone/tape age control, and have the other for modulation/motor drift

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    It's tagged #tubescreamer, so I'm guessing a Ibanez/Vemuram tie-up for the ultimate Japanese uber-drive costing a squillion dollars but still basically just being a TS clone. 

:)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Boss PS-3 Waza or nothing at all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2631
    It's tagged #tubescreamer, so I'm guessing a Ibanez/Vemuram tie-up
    Or a special edition of the Miku pedal, that features the sound of the virtual vocalist screaming into a tube. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I think it’ll be one of their current pedals with a few component changes so that it sounds like it should have in the first place but with a Waza badge and a 50% mark up.

Cynic. Me. No
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    dindude said:
    I think it’ll be one of their current pedals with a few component changes so that it sounds like it should have in the first place but with a Waza badge and a 50% mark up.

Cynic. Me. No
    I think it'd be churlish to assume otherwise! 

I can very much imagine a new Space Echo, but I think those hoping for a single-pedal version with *extra* features are going to be disappointed!  
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom