SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD-1979 Fender Stratocaster Natural-SOLD

BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
edited July 2019 in Guitars £
Okay.. So after much deliberation I've decided to move on this lovely '79 Strat. 

I've tried my hardest to gel with it but i'm just not a Strat guy and it seems crazy for a guitar of this level to be my spare when my go to guitar is a £300 mim Tele!

Body, neck, tuners, pickups and bridge all look to be original. I replaced all the screws as they were tatty including the neck screws that were chewed up, the scratch plate isn't original as these only came in black (hence the black back plate). Hard case is nice but not a Fender case either. It also has 2 tremolo arms, one white and i'm guessing the original black one.

As for condition its very good, the only mark of note is a dent below the bridge (pic to follow) but it has to be in the right light to see it. The neck is ding free and the frets have many years of use left in them.

It does play nicely and the sustain is unreal, kept thinking i had the reverb on full when i first plugged it in, probably due to the weight as its just shy of 9lb according to my kitchen scales.

I'm aware its originality (or lack of) will effect the price but as a usable guitar its arguably better as is, i'm looking for £SOLD or offers pretty close to it. I'm based in Southampton and am happy to meet up half way if someones really interested.

I need to generate some funds but could potentially be interested in a part cash part trade, try me. 

I have the back plate, just need to get it out the loft and screw it on.

It has a new harness supplied by the craftsmen @sixstringsupplies as the one it came to me with was non original and badly fitted. I also copper foiled the cavity while I was in there (not sure it made a difference though.)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments