Gibson warning video over trademark infringements

What's Hot
1222324252628»

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11746
    johnl said:
    It's not in terms of them being accurate, it's that they objectively make for a better guitar. Avoiding the tonewood debate with a big stick, "better" wood gives you a lighter guitar for the same amount of mahogany. Better neck angle allows for a lower action and overall the entire package is just more pleasant to play. 
    All those things could be had in a guitar made by anyone though?  It's not like R8s have a fundamentally lower action than an ESP or a PRS?  Or an HB for that matter, neck angle especially should be pretty easy to get right, or if you get it wrong stick a shim in.

Like I said, nobody is saying the R8s aren't great, but you are paying a LOT for those subtle touches.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3389
    edited July 2019

It is certainly not my forum or OP - I just feel it is to far away from the original thought plan - But I'm sure there will be interest and conflict in your thought pattern, so well worth starting a new thread and see how it goes
    Going by past 'discussions' on here I am not sure that I dare (or have the energy).

There is already a thread about this topic, isn't there?

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/112703/body-wood-affects-tone
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    johnl said:
    It's not in terms of them being accurate, it's that they objectively make for a better guitar. Avoiding the tonewood debate with a big stick, "better" wood gives you a lighter guitar for the same amount of mahogany. Better neck angle allows for a lower action and overall the entire package is just more pleasant to play. 
    All those things could be had in a guitar made by anyone though?  It's not like R8s have a fundamentally lower action than an ESP or a PRS?  Or an HB for that matter, neck angle especially should be pretty easy to get right, or if you get it wrong stick a shim in.

Like I said, nobody is saying the R8s aren't great, but you are paying a LOT for those subtle touches.
    All those things 100% could be in any guitar - but you're not getting them in a £200 Harley Benton. That's not to say that they're not good guitars, it's astonishing how much guitar they are for the money but there is a lot of clear blue sea between the average HB and the average R8/R9. I suspect you'd be able to tell wearing a blindfold which is which. What people tend to forget when talking about budget guitars is that they are very, very good *for the money* - let's not get too carried away.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10264
    tFB Trader
    Threads seem to get to a certain length on here and then they get 'Thread Alzheimer's'where everyone seems to have totally forgotten what the thread was about. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonP said:

It is certainly not my forum or OP - I just feel it is to far away from the original thought plan - But I'm sure there will be interest and conflict in your thought pattern, so well worth starting a new thread and see how it goes
    Going by past 'discussions' on here I am not sure that I dare (or have the energy).

I believe that guitars4you was referring to my comments regarding what many guitarists (mistakenly) call 'resonance'.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4171
    edited July 2019
    Threads seem to get to a certain length on here and then they get 'Thread Alzheimer's'where everyone seems to have totally forgotten what the thread was about. 
    Exactly.

Interesting that there's been no follow up to this debacle from Gibson. No apology nor attempt to counter opinion.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7104
    I put Maltesers in the fridge but not Snickers
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2694
    The MBAs have an answer for everything don't they? 
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Will the new found spirit of collaboration help with their quality control, or possibly an opportunity to outsource the manufacture whilst retaining the brand?  :)
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    Please do not allow thread drift the thread police get all upset - must stay on topic and be authentic you have been put on notice - ;) 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    That'll be the nature of conversation vs. formal debate, to some extent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    edited July 2019
    Mine came this morning!

Just less than 8lbs from Peach Guitars. At £2500, I just couldn't resist!
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    That a Harley Benton?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18684
    I'm surprised that Gibson's management haven't grasped the idea of a synergy with other authentic brands.
    Like guitars plus motorbikes.
    You could have a Harley Gibson, which would help them to sue Thomann and hopefully kill several threads on here.
    Result!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    NelsonP said:

yeah but that isn't Authentic....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>