City are finished............

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14226
    tFB Trader
    wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man City and Norwich - few saw that coming 
    That's it then.

City are finished............

I didn't see much of that match - watching the cricket - But turned over just in time for Norwich's 3rd goal - pub league defending - We all know it was a bad day in the office

Early days but a mixed mag of results so far for many
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Big match this Monday for Man U and Arsenal

Plus Wolves v Watford - Not a great start for Wolves certainly compared to last year - Maybe that dreaded Thursday night UEFA fixture list
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Not happy with the defence, glad Holding is back playing so don't know if he'll start on Monday. Midfield we need a bossier leader, just hope we don't get over run.

Attack we can do some damage with Aubameyang and Pepe, and hopefully Saka or Nelson to add pacey width.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Not happy with the defence, glad Holding is back playing so don't know if he'll start on Monday. Midfield we need a bossier leader, just hope we don't get over run.

Attack we can do some damage with Aubameyang and Pepe, and hopefully Saka or Nelson to add pacey width.

As well as Holding, Bellerin and Tierney are also back, the defence can only improve with those three. Could get interesting.
  • proggy said:
    Not happy with the defence, glad Holding is back playing so don't know if he'll start on Monday. Midfield we need a bossier leader, just hope we don't get over run.

As well as Holding, Bellerin and Tierney are also back, the defence can only improve with those three. Could get interesting.
    Yes, and I would like to see Chambers given a go alongside Holding. I don't like Luiz/Mustafi/Sokratis at all and all 3 should be shipped out in the next transfter window. 
    proggy said:

Yes, and I would like to see Chambers given a go alongside Holding. I don't like Luiz/Mustafi/Sokratis at all and all 3 should be shipped out in the next transfter window. 

I agree with you on Mustafi and Sokratis but I'd hang on to Luiz and push him up a bit, play him in a holding midfield position, he can actually play football, unlike the other two. He'd probably do a better job than Xhaka too.

In my opinion of course. 

• Big match this Monday for Man U and Arsenal

Plus Wolves v Watford - Not a great start for Wolves certainly compared to last year - Maybe that dreaded Thursday night UEFA fixture list
    Very disappointing. Scraped through the EFL Cup match by the sound of it. 
    Such high hopes...

At home to Watford it ought to be a convincing win but I'm not holding my breath waiting. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • proggy said:
    proggy said:

I agree with you on Mustafi and Sokratis but I'd hang on to Luiz and push him up a bit, play him in a holding midfield position, he can actually play football, unlike the other two. He'd probably do a better job than Xhaka too.

In my opinion of course. 

Hmm not sure on that, he can lose the ball alot but then again like you said he'd probably do a better job than Xhaka. I just think he's too much of a liability at the back, giving away penalties and that.

Oh and sell Xhaka too, too slow and not mobile enough in that midfield. I don't actually know what he offers to the team?
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    Everton FC are back behaving in their usual manner.  That is, not actually playing football until any chance of them winning something is long past.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

proggy said:
    proggy said:

In my opinion of course. 

Hmm not sure on that, he can lose the ball alot but then again like you said he'd probably do a better job than Xhaka. I just think he's too much of a liability at the back, giving away penalties and that.

Oh and sell Xhaka too, too slow and not mobile enough in that midfield. I don't actually know what he offers to the team?

Basically we both agree the midfield and defence needs quite a bit of work.
  • proggy said:
    proggy said:
    proggy said:

In my opinion of course. 

Yes. Don't like Emery's playing out from the back approach either. Has cost us a few goals. If it weren't for Aubameyang's goals we'd be further down the table.
    proggy said:
    proggy said:
    proggy said:

In my opinion of course. 

Yes. Don't like Emery's playing out from the back approach either. Has cost us a few goals. If it weren't for Aubameyang's goals we'd be further down the table.

You're not kidding.
  • It seems so easy to play tactically against teams who "play out from the back", why on earth are clubs so obsessed with it?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11294
    It seems so easy to play tactically against teams who "play out from the back", why on earth are clubs so obsessed with it?
    Given how often you lose the ball playing out from the back surely it would be better to lump it forward and risk losing it around the centre circle than risk losing it on the edge of your own penalty area.
    scrumhalf said:
    It seems so easy to play tactically against teams who "play out from the back", why on earth are clubs so obsessed with it?
    Given how often you lose the ball playing out from the back surely it would be better to lump it forward and risk losing it around the centre circle than risk losing it on the edge of your own penalty area.
    I don't get it either, or that zonal marking bollocks, what's wrong with marking a player?
  • proggy said:
    scrumhalf said:
    I don't get it either, or that zonal marking bollocks, what's wrong with marking a player?
    Yeah exactly, just seems that because one team with extraordinarily talented players did it then every team should try it and you end up just looking like a bunch of Muppets when you're not Barca quality.
    tFB Trader
    One issue I have now with so many Premier League teams is any longevity with the players - So many clubs now have no/little identity of a player who has been there 5 years or more - Or who is the leader (not always the captain) - Who is the Tony Adams, Gary Neville, John Terry, S Gerrard etc - ie The heart and soul of the team

I don't see this now in MUFC or Aresnal, or Newcastle etc
  • One issue I have now with so many Premier League teams is any longevity with the players - So many clubs now have no/little identity of a player who has been there 5 years or more - Or who is the leader (not always the captain) - Who is the Tony Adams, Gary Neville, John Terry, S Gerrard etc - ie The heart and soul of the team

I don't see this now in MUFC or Aresnal, or Newcastle etc
    Me and my dad were on about this the other day as Mark Noble was playing for West Ham, and that he seems to have played for them every week since 1982 but that he was one of the last to really be like that as a one club player
  • This has got to be a joke right? Xhaka as captain?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49850242