SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Yamaha Pacifica 904 – £550

beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
edited June 2019 in Guitars £

BRIEF BACK STORY

So, on the back of my "WTB" thread, I very recently (two days ago) purchased this back from @swampy. For some reason the guitar crossed my mind and I decided I wanted it back. With a little correspondence and a short trip to Sheffield the deal was done. 

SO WHY THE SWIFT TURNAROUND?

I had in mind that I was going to come up with these great musical ideas, and even learn how to shred, another post I made in haste. The reality is that despite how amazing the Yamaha Pacifica is, I've concluded that:
  1. My ideas won't come to fruition and I'm really not going to learn how to shred
  2. Electric guitar is no longer for me realising that classical is where my heart is (I've been round these circles many times before)
  3. On a semi-serious note I must be suffering from some sort of mid-life crisis. (On a more serious note, I don't think my relapse into depression has helped with my decision making (if you do 'lol' at this post, I promise I'll do my best not to take it personally )
That's all by-the-by; however, it does provide you some context as to why it's up for sale so soon. I assure you the guitar is fantastic and my mistake in purchasing it is no reflection on the instrument itself.

SPEC
  • Made in Japan
  • Alder body
  • Ash cap (wonderful grain)
  • Faded burst
  • Warmoth USA neck maple neck, rosewood board, compound radius
  • Sperzel locking tuners
  • Volume and tone control, the latter push-push (Swampy informs me this was set up by ex-Yamaha employee Andy Viccars)

PRICE

I'd like back what I paid, which is £550. These are top quality instruments which are becoming increasingly hard to find and would rival guitars that cost more. Pound for pound you'd be hard pushed to find anything better. Collection from York preferred, postage most probable. And if you live anywhere near York, I'm happy to hop on a train and bring it to you. Because I'm nice like that.

Any questions, fire away. More pictures to come when I get home.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    1. On a semi-serious note I must be suffering from some sort of mid-life crisis. (On a more serious note, I don't think my relapse into depression has helped with my decision making (if you do 'lol' at this post, I promise I'll do my best not to take it personally  )
    Way to take the fun out of lolling!  sorry to hear about the depression though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    looks one tasty yampac though!! 
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    Sorry to hear about the mid-life crisis (been there, and it sucks). If you want to chat things classical in one of the Playing forums, I'd love to join in. 

That's a lovely guitar. GLWTS.
  • swampyswampy Frets: 33
    Hi Ben, sorry to hear about the depression-I never knew- as regards the guitar, yes it’s very nice & was set up by Andy Viccars (Milton Keynes) area. Hope things go well for you Ben.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Thanks chaps, I really appreciate your comments. And don't worry Clive, you weren't to know. 

I've added new photos as promised. As you can see, it's a very beautiful and well-put-together guitar!
    This-weighs-3.12kg-and-comes-with-a -Fender-gig-bag bump  :)
    Bump
    Bump