couple of interesting e-mails today

I knew Slate had something brewing, but I got the e-mail today, as an 'everything bundle' member, free upgrade to an 'all access pass', means I get access to a load of video content, spent 3 hours today watching the first 2, full CLA mix-with all content,
PLUS, a new synth VSTi, Plus a modular dynamic eq/ compression thing.
Plus , a promise of no price increases.
£12 a month, on an annual contract, so, this along with Reaper is all I need to do most things.
The other e-mail, was from Avid, advising that they are introducing a 'revised price structure' with not really any other details.
I know who's got my money for the next 12 months.
Steven Slate is slaying em.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    It is good news, I like the look of the Kilohearts stuff. The tutorials will be worth checking out as well; the rock mix tutorial from years ago had some good stuff in it. I still need to download TH3, I got an HX Stomp the day it was released and have been messing around with that ever since...
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    What songs were the mixes on? 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I have no clue about anything that you are talking about!?!

I am so out of touch ...
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    What songs were the mixes on? 
    They dont detail the songs, just the producer/mixer: 

https://www.slatedigital.com/slateacademy/

From the video on the Chris Lord-Alge lesson, it sounds like a Shinedown track
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    Interesting..Im already part of nail the mix but the advantage with the slate subscription is all the plugins..so far the songs on NTM have been excellent though. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    I am working my way through the CLA one, the others are more dance oriented, and are deep instructionals for the synth and multiband thing that just got added.
    The CLA one includes a 2 and a half hour live mix, just mixing with Slate plugs, and he recreates a mix from his desk. No talking, just mixing, quite fascinating, and then there is another 8 or so vids where he talks through his decisions and settings. You can also DL all the stems and plugins for most DAWS.
    This update, plus the last 2 or 3 which added another amp/ speaker sim, reverb, Eoisis eq, and gates make Slate package unbeatable really.
    I'm using the air eq, and the FGx mastering suite on most things i do these days.
    YMMV.
  • I'm guessing this - https://www.slatedigital.com/
  • I'm guessing this - https://www.slatedigital.com/