Blackstar Ht Mk2

ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
They seem to be getting stellar reviews. Anyone got or tried one? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    Yes I bought a HT5 MK2 head a couple of weeks ago. I'm absolutely delighted with it. Clean is absolutely gorgeous. Dirt channel is even better. Loads of outputs - can even be used with headphones/recording out without a speaker connected.

Feel free to ask any specific questions.

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Excellent. Thank you. Just ruminating at the moment but may well get back to you. 
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1631

Just thought I would say...Even the very first Mk1 Five could be used silently and a recording feed taken from the FX send or you could use the headphone output which is speaker emulated.

Still, I am glad they are getting some good reports. I know there were people like ICBM who had a genuine and honest dislike of the "house sound" but he was not prejudiced as much of the gitamp world seemed to be.

Well out of touch of course but the absence of any information to the contrary leads me to think the amps are still very reliable and I hope they still do the tests I did to try to destroy them!

Dave.

edited June 2019
    The only thing I don't like - and I don't know if it's specific to the model or just my amp - is there's a bit of a pop if you're playing during channel change. 

Everything else is great. Had a MK1 many years ago, and this MK2 is head and shoulders better.

• th2017th2017 Frets: 45
    Bought a head recently too, couldn’t recommend it highly enough, superb value and great for bedroom use with headphones or reduced power
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2390
    Bandmate's got the HT40 Mk2 1x12. Really impressed with it overall - only issue is it's very, very bassy. Have to turn the bass down to almost nothing for him to sit in the band mix. 
    Tim
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    The thing that put me off was no gain control for the clean channel, I guess on the basis people could either use a pedal or use the dirthy channel and roll off - but still an odd omission.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    The dirty channel does go down to a very low gain this time around.