Origin 20 head alternative?

paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
edited June 2019 in Amps
I really like my Marshall Origin 20 Combo, but prefer it through a 12" speaker, I could possibly shoehorn a 12 into the current cab or covert the Combo into a head, although I'm reluctant to do either, so I might chop the combo in for an Origin 20 head, however I thought it wise to ask if there are any alternative similar amp heads out there for £500 tops?.....
On the Origin, I like the sound it produces, the footswitchble boost (although a pedal could do that) and the power scaling, anything else that is similar? Something reliable.....
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17599
    tFB Trader
    Really like mine.

The H&K Puretone is beans SH and amazing.

Other than that probably Jet City but they are much gainier.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7334
    a HB 2x12 extension cab??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72301
    Jet City JCA20HV - that's the lower-gain, vintage-voiced one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    ICBM said:
    Jet City JCA20HV - that's the lower-gain, vintage-voiced one.
    I'm sat in the middle of a campsite giggling to myself...my other amp is a JCA20HV!

It would appear I should do a side by side test! It has sat unused since I got the Marshall.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll