How stupid do you think it would be..

What's Hot
cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
..adding those fender legs to a lazy j20?
Yeah I know it would be but still would like to hear from this excellent group of people.

I'm always tilting it for better projection so wondering if a permanent solution could work.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    Probably a better idea to get one of those amp/combo stands 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1625
    cbellanga said:
    ..adding those fender legs to a lazy j20?
    Yeah I know it would be but still would like to hear from this excellent group of people.

I'm always tilting it for better projection so wondering if a permanent solution could work.

Do you know! I saw an "easel clock" on TV today on Flog It. So called because out of its case there is a hinged "wing" on the back that allows it to stand on a table.

Surely some enterprising bod makes something similar for combos?

Dave.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    beer crates and community/church hall foldable chairs add mojo

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    beer crates and community/church hall foldable chairs add mojo

Cool photo! :)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    sweepy said:
    and more stable.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 367
    I am sure you have realised this already but since you asked…

It’s a high-value piece of kit and adding fender legs to it would reduce its desirability should you decide to try and sell. So not stupid but perhaps a little unwise.

I have had great service for years from a Standback amp tilt arrangement. They are simple bits of kit that keep the amp on the floor allowing you to tilt. They don’t look very solid and indeed they aren’t but they are well engineered and I have used one with a Marshall 2 x 12 combo without any problems at all. They don’t cost a great deal either and fold down to almost nothing.

https://m.thomann.de/gb/standback_ampstand.htm
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18656
    Jalapeno said:
    sweepy said:
    and more stable.
    And won't affect the amp's value for possible future resale.
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 165
    I use one of these to transport my amp to gigs and rehearsals and use it as an amp stand while I'm there:
    https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gator-G-112A-1x12-Combo-Amp-Transporter-Case/XWK
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 165
    I use one of these to transport my amp to gigs and rehearsals and use it as an amp stand while I'm there:
    https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gator-G-112A-1x12-Combo-Amp-Transporter-Case/XWK
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9513

It’s a high-value piece of kit and adding fender legs to it would reduce its desirability should you decide to try and sell. So not stupid but perhaps a little unwise.

I have had great service for years from a Standback amp tilt arrangement. They are simple bits of kit that keep the amp on the floor allowing you to tilt. They don’t look very solid and indeed they aren’t but they are well engineered and I have used one with a Marshall 2 x 12 combo without any problems at all. They don’t cost a great deal either and fold down to almost nothing.

Spot on, these are great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Standback-Portable-foldable-Amp-Stand/dp/B000HHUHBI/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3S6FWEGKVKHZ0&keywords=standback+amp+stand&qid=1561092565&s=gateway&sprefix=Standback%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-2
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 367
    edited June 2019

Spot on, these are great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Standback-Portable-foldable-Amp-Stand/dp/B000HHUHBI/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3S6FWEGKVKHZ0&keywords=standback+amp+stand&qid=1561092565&s=gateway&sprefix=Standback%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-2
    But... 27 Euros from Thomann vs. £60 on Amazon!  I around the former price quite a few years ago from Thomann which is far more realistic for what it is.
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31492
    I've put expensive Fender legs on two amps and then sold the amps.

These days I just put a roll of gaffa tape under the front of the amp. 
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Ok convinced ;)
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
     Why don't you invent a little folding leg that goes underneath that when you eventually unclip it , after about an hour with a screw-driver, tilts the amp at about 1 degree ,if it stays in place..Boss have something very similar on the Katana's:s 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    PhilW1 said:
     Why don't you invent a little folding leg that goes underneath that when you eventually unclip it , after about an hour with a screw-driver, tilts the amp at about 1 degree ,if it stays in place..Boss have something very similar on the Katana's:s 
    Glad I'm not the only one that finds this ridiculously fiddly to use and utterly useless when you do eventually prise the bloomin' thing out of the vice-like grip of the clip! 
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 912
    I'm sure I have one of those Marshall tilt back stands somewhere. It was in reasonable nick last time I saw it. You can have it for the postage costs. PM me.