New Fender "Vintera" Series

What's Hot
jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 458
Looks like the MIM Classic Player series could be going, or at least cut down. Probably a Summer NAMM launch, along with the Squier Starcaster.

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/fender-vintera-series.1408848/

On a somewhat related note, how do retailers (and even Fender themselves) break embargos on listing products? You would assume the Fender have told them quite clearly not to upload web links until a certain date.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    This was Fender themselves. Perhaps they wanted to get a little pre-release buzz going. Though what is exciting about yet another P bass is debatable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7083
    edited June 2019
    Oh there are far more new models than this....

I've found around 57 new Vintera lines

https://www.gearnews.com/leak-fender-vintera-series-new-models-leaked-online/

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Wow. Two Discussions about the same topic. 
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 458
    edited June 2019
    Ah, my bad, I didn't see Bass had beaten me to it. 

Some of the range of guitars/basses here, albeit with thumbnail pics - https://www.leguide.com/search.htm?keywords=fender%20vintera
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 734
    Wow. Two Discussions about the same topic. 
    Did I miss the other one? Do you mean the one in the Bass section? I think there's legit cause for a guitar-related one if that's the case. If not I've definitely missed something!

Some cool offset colours, and JM/Jaguar trees appear to be spaced right. Thumbs up so far!
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    Rename the series and massively stick prices up by the look of that leak
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    JezWynd said:
    This was Fender themselves. Perhaps they wanted to get a little pre-release buzz going. Though what is exciting about yet another P bass is debatable.
    My genuine answer would be new colours but looking at that screenshot it looks like they've changed 1 colour - sunburst to seafoam green - and kept the other two the same.
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Love that 70s Jazz Bass in silver. Interesting when pricing is available. 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    Yawn.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3894
    Ooh the Jazzmaster looks nice, Ice Blue Metallic, matching headstock...

60s Tele with Bigsby too which might stop that bloke on eBay trying to sell them for £1500.
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    stonevibe said:
    Oh there are far more new models than this....

I've found around 57 new Vintera lines

https://www.gearnews.com/leak-fender-vintera-series-new-models-leaked-online/
    If that's their modern deep C neck with more traditional fixtures & fittings (21 frets/brass saddles/3-way switch), then the Tele is mighty interesting.
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    edited June 2019
    OOOF.

Edit: Never mind, daft switching :-1: Isn't that just the Baja speclist?

"The Fender Vintera 50s Telecaster Modified is here presented in a Surf Green finish, with black pickguard. Designed from the ground up to appeal to players who demand both classic looks and modern performance, the Vintera 50s Telecaster Modified is the best of both worlds.

Supplied in a deluxe gig bag, the Fender Vintera 50s Telecaster Modified is now available from Merchant City Music. Visit us in our Glasgow store, where a member of staff will be happy to talk you through its features. Alternatively, buy online for fast delivery to the UK, Europe and beyond. Every guitar we sell undergoes a rigorous check over and full professional setup before dispatch, ensuring you receive the best possible example.

Fender Vintera 50s Telecaster Modified in Surf Green

The Fender Vintera ‘50s Telecaster Modified has been designed for players who appreciate the mojo of the past, but demand up-to-date features. Blending classic looks with a modern neck profile and fingerboard radius, hotter pickups and updated electronics, this guitar is a veritable wolf in sheep’s clothing!

Two Custom Shop single coil pickups - a Vintage-Style Tele in the bridge and "Twisted" Tele in the neck - provide modern Fender tone. Twangy and articulate, they have the crisp, snarling sound that put Fender on the musical map. For modern playing feel, Fender added 21 vintage-style frets to the 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard that sits atop the Thick, Soft-V shaped neck. A vintage-style Tele® bridge with three brass saddles gives this Telecaster it’s characteristic twang, while 4-way switching and the S1™ switch give you even more tonal variety. Series wiring makes this Tele sound fat, like a humbucking pickup, while the S1 switch places the pickups out of phase with each other for a cool “strangled” tone. Other features include Other features include vintage-style strap buttons, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes deluxe gig bag."

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Completely confused by all the ranges Fender have now. How's a consumer supposed to choose between them all?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3894
    It’s basically a rebranding of the Classic Series and Classic Player ranges, with some new colours. They’re all under the Vintera name but the CP replacements have Modified in their title.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    It’s basically a rebranding of the Classic Series and Classic Player ranges, with some new colours. They’re all under the Vintera name but the CP replacements have Modified in their title.
    It does seem to literally just be a name change.

Do any of the models have a single thing different to the previous range apart from colour?
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    Doesn't look like it - at least it looks like they got the 60s strat in Oly white back after a decade-long absence...  <3

I'd have been a bit more interested if they updated them along the line of the American originals (flatter boards and 6105s or medium jumbo all round)
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9551
    thegummy said:
    It does seem to literally just be a name change.

Do any of the models have a single thing different to the previous range apart from colour?
    At least Classic and Classic Player gave a clue of what to expect; Vintera is just a horrible composite of 'vintage' and 'era'. Might as well have made a composite of 'shiney' and 'bright'.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1845
    Awful name. Looks like it’s not just Gibson that make dodgy decisions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    Does anyone know if the Classic Series is staying?  Looking at the Strat on the link above, it's got the two point trem and a "modern neck profile and fingerboard radius" (says modern C).  It looks like a replacement for the Classic Player rather than the Classic.

The 50's Classic Series has the lovely V profile. If they have done away with that, they are daft.