New Fender "Vintera" Series

What's Hot

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    crunchman said:
    Does anyone know if the Classic Series is staying?  Looking at the Strat on the link above, it's got the two point trem and a "modern neck profile and fingerboard radius" (says modern C).  It looks like a replacement for the Classic Player rather than the Classic.

The 50's Classic Series has the lovely V profile. If they have done away with that, they are daft.
    The ones that don't have Modified in the name are the same spec as the Classic ones (7.25" radius fretboard etc.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TINMAN82 said:
    Awful name. Looks like it’s not just Gibson that make dodgy decisions.
    Bad decision for us but possibly good for them since they're just charging more for the same thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    thegummy said:
    TINMAN82 said:
    Bad decision for us but possibly good for them since they're just charging more for the same thing.
    Are they?

The 60's Jazz is up for £869.  The Classic Series Jazz seems to be £899 most places.  Slight reduction.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5417
    Good: Bigsby-equipped Tele now standard, no more waiting for an FSR... matching painted headstocks on the offsets is very welcome. 

Bad: Vintera name is dumb. Bears zero association to Fender heritage. I bet it took a team of eight creatives working at an expensive agency to come up with that.

”I've got it chaps - “Vintera” - “Vin” for “Vintage” and “tera” for “monster”....” ....??!!??

(google ‘Tera’ if you don’t believe me...!)
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Weird name, but the range was a little confusing. 

The higher end Mexican made Fenders are superb. E.g. the MIM Flea Jazz Bass. Even my Baja is fantastic. Hopefully this will carry on. 
    crunchman said:
    thegummy said:
    TINMAN82 said:
    Are they?

The 60's Jazz is up for £869.  The Classic Series Jazz seems to be £899 most places.  Slight reduction.
    I just believed it when I read people on forums saying the price was put up, didn't even think to check.

If it's went down that's great news! Is it just the J bass or are the prices down across the whole range?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22786
    I love the look of the '70s Strat in Mocha.  Shame it'll have a skinny neck and vintage frets.

They all look good.  But the rebranding as "Vintera" is confusing, unnecessary and it's a stupid name.  We all knew where we were with the Classic and Classic Player series, and as a name what can be wrong about "Classic"?

Reminds me of the rebranding of the Post Office as Consignia.  Ooh, let's think, "consign" and "insignia".... it should never have left the brainstorming session at the marketing agency.  And look how popular that was.
  • ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 234
    I'm just glad to have a CP Sonic Blue Baja and Sonic Blue Strat...the special neck plates they had will be lost too.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1559
    Andertons have a vid on them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfuJvlFF0r8

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1559
    About 17 mins in there is confirmation that the 50s modified is essentially the new name for the old Baja... it lives on!
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Oh look the same thing they have produced for the last 60 years and that word again.. Vintage,... Do one fender. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2390
    About 17 mins in there is confirmation that the 50s modified is essentially the new name for the old Baja... it lives on!
    But with a U neck rather than the soft V. Could be interesting as I didn't get on with the V when I tried it and am after a chunky neck Tele. BUT these are a lot of money when used USA models sit at or below this price range.
    Tim
    edited June 2019
    timmypix said:
    But with a U neck rather than the soft V. Could be interesting as I didn't get on with the V when I tried it and am after a chunky neck Tele. BUT these are a lot of money when used USA models sit at or below this price range.
    The 50's modified is still a V according to this:

Edit:  as to your other point about value, I'd rather have a vintage spec Mexican guitar than a second hand US series.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72312
    How utterly depressing. From the name I was expecting something at least slightly new and vaguely interesting like the Meteora.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    crunchman said:
    thegummy said:
    TINMAN82 said:
    Are they?

This - pleasantly surprised by how affordable thy are. Just imagine a post-Brexit world where the £ is worth f*** all and it’d be practically cheap!

Also, as an Offset lover, a vintage-correct (minus the Pau Ferro) JM not in sunburst or white and with a matching headstock for well under £800? I don’t know what there is left to complain about but I’m sure the guys over at the Offset forum will think of something. 
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    edited June 2019
    Such a shame. I like everything about the Vintera Tele (colour, price, 21 frets, saddles) except for the pickup nonsense.

Edit: Oh, there's multiple models with & without the switching. Cool.
    Just noticed that there doesn't seem to be a rosewood (or Pau Ferro) board P bass.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    Vintera = Vintage + Modern Era

(Sounds like a crap car, though!)
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    crunchman said:
    thegummy said:
    TINMAN82 said:
    Are they?

This - pleasantly surprised by how affordable thy are. Just imagine a post-Brexit world where the £ is worth f*** all and it’d be practically cheap!

Also, as an Offset lover, a vintage-correct (minus the Pau Ferro) JM not in sunburst or white and with a matching headstock for well under £800? I don’t know what there is left to complain about but I’m sure the guys over at the Offset forum will think of something. 

Depends on the JM pickups....the Prof Series pickups put me off one of those...basically Strat pickups.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18730
    prowla said:
    Vintera = Vintage + Modern Era

(Sounds like a crap car, though!)
    Yeah, it would have to be a Vauxhall.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom