The Best "Feeling" OD

What's Hot

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Germ fuzzface. They just feel lovely and chewy under the fingers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1170
    Recently my favourite has been the Benson preamp.
  • KeyrohKeyroh Frets: 59
    Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop, not tried a pedal that beats the feel and response. Very low gain unless boosted, however.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23919
    Siri, can you give me an example of a question that is so subjective the answers will be pretty much useless to others?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3044
    Hudson Broadcast
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2924
    tFB Trader
    Barber Gain Changer, addictive with a Strat.
    Fuzz faces indeed lovely for vol rolling, si or ge.
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 315
    Lightspeed 
    Petty John Gold or Thorpy Gunshot for higher gain sounds
  • MickeyjiMickeyji Frets: 108
    simonk said:
    The best I felt live were the various Barber drives I owned. Half Gainer, Dual Unlimited and most of the big box originals, they were all great and really delivered at volume.
    Second that. I've had a Custom Super Sport and a GainChanger X on my board for ages and they both rule when it comes to feel and responsiveness.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    Depends so much on the front end of your amp  and your guitar, some overdrive pedals thrive on single coils but sound terribly flabby with humbuckers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12253
    My pedalparts Box of Rock clone is another that cleans up a treat with the vol control.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4126
    The humble Nobels ODR-1 feels great under the fingers - very forgiving and squashy in a nice way. Also another vote for a fuzz turned down a bit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1054
    Just had a delivery of pedals today (mainly picked up on here). The Zombie Klone feels so good under the fingers! Amazing.

Only tried one at very sensible levels in a shop before... firing up the amp today was epic. Cant wait for the first gig!
  • Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
    Nobels ODR-1 or a Kingtone Mini Fuzz with the volume rolled off! 
    Definitely my 2 favs at the minute.
  • Xotic BB Preamp is my go to overdrive with any amp, both for sound and feel.
  • dcgdcg Frets: 228

This may not seem helpful given the high sticker price of the item, but after exploring many other options over many years, the Origin Effects Revival Drive Custom is (in my personal view) the finest clean to mean overdrive pedal on the market.  And it really does feel like an amp.  I have not experienced anything better (and, BTW, no affiliation with Origin - and if you have a basic understanding of the way amps work, the number of knobs and switches isn't problematic.
  • The Boo instruments TS/OD is very amp like,and gets nice and spongy when you push it.
    Made in Britain,and built to last.
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 403
    ICBM said:
    Mesa V-Twin.
    When my HT Dual was out of action for nearly 5 months due to Blackstar's incompetence I thought I'd buy a V Twin and then just sell on the HT Dual when it was finally returned.  Suffice to say the V Twin was sold and I still use the Blackstar at every gig.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    uncledick said:
    ICBM said:
    Mesa V-Twin.
    When my HT Dual was out of action for nearly 5 months due to Blackstar's incompetence I thought I'd buy a V Twin and then just sell on the HT Dual when it was finally returned.  Suffice to say the V Twin was sold and I still use the Blackstar at every gig.
    I borrowed a HT Dual with a view to replacing my V-Twin for space reasons and found I missed the other modes too much. The lead sounds were pretty comparable imo. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1054
    I have a fsir few if those listed here, including the lightspeed. Wow! The RC booster was my go to transparent boost, i still think it is great, but the greer is on another level!
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    I hate to say this, but OD as opposed to distortion- a Klon. Followed by a KOT and a Jester.

Hopping on to TGP for a bit...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.