Any Golfers on the forum?

What's Hot

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    I played at Headfort last year and a crow/raven nicked and flew off with a mars bar from my bag whilst I was in the pro shop. Unzipped the pocket and everything the little bleeder.   Horse flies my arse

The Old or the New course?  I played the Old many times, it is one of my favourite courses.  No signature hole, no must have photo location, just a traditional golf course that is not too long.  And the food in the clubhouse is good too.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Gave up golf at the start of the year, but now the sun is out I’m starting to regret it. I’m thinking of rejoining my old club. 
  • I'm off work Thursday and Friday for 2 days of golf :) Humberstone Heights Thurs and I think Beedles Lake Fri.

On a jealous note my Manager got to play here last week, said it was amazing https://www.jcbgolfandcountryclub.com/
  • I’m off to play Sunningdale old and new in a few weeks
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    I'm playing Hurtmore tomorrow :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hurt more sounds like the outcome on my handicap of most of my qualifiers. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    I’m off to play Sunningdale old and new in a few weeks
    Git
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Well it turns out 2 days of golf is going to be 4 :) although Saturday will be a 9 hole and 2 hrs Toptracer.

So I am showered, clothes ready and clubs ready for day 1 tomorrow. 

• Chip in par today about 20ft from the green which was nice. Apart from that it was mainly sixes which I am happy with especially being first time I had played the course. 
  • Oh no, Wife on the course for the first time [/must be patient]...

It'll be alright and long overdue, a good 8 odd weeks going Toptracer,  I said you just gotta get out there and see how you feel, do all nine or just do some you just gotta get on a course. 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4668
    im playing here next Friday 
    the 1st and the 18th are interesting 

https://www.northcliffegc.org.uk/

https://www.northcliffegc.org.uk/hole_18

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    im playing here next Friday 
    the 1st and the 18th are interesting 

https://www.northcliffegc.org.uk/

https://www.northcliffegc.org.uk/hole_18

Haha! 18 reminds me of about 70% of the holes on the Duke's at Woburn. 

Looks like a stunning course though! 

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I was just getting properly into golf with my brother at the end of last year before his sudden passing.

After a few months feeling like I’d never want to look at a golf club again, I fired off an email to an instructor this morning to get some lessons booked in. Looking forward to getting back out. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My wife the swinger loses her golf course cherry. :dizzy: 

She proper enjoyed it which is the main thing and to be fair she wasn't terrible and a a fair few flirts with potential for eg 40-50 yard pitch over water to finish on the green 6ft from the pin.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    In explaining her errant shot, she was overheard to say “I’m not used to handling such a large shaft!”
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    My wife the swinger loses her golf course cherry. :dizzy: 

She proper enjoyed it which is the main thing and to be fair she wasn't terrible and a a fair few flirts with potential for eg 40-50 yard pitch over water to finish on the green 6ft from the pin.

Good, tight left elbow position there.

and that is not a phnarr
  • Well that's my 4 straight days of golf over, ended with 18 holes with my lad who had the round of his life...

Also got a new bag and trolley on Friday, I didn't need a new bag but the wife wanted my Hyperlite Zero and the TM was on offer, as for the trolley I am mainly a carrier as but again good offer and it was nice to take a full set with me. 

• Tuck your  shirt in your scruffy bugger , you wouldn’t be allowed on our track looking like that :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tuck your  shirt in your scruffy bugger , you wouldn’t be allowed on our track looking like that :-)
    You know when I posted the pic I thought 'someone is going to comment on untucked shirt' lol

I usually am spik n span even on courses such as the one I played this afternoon which have little dress code.
  • We have just relaxed  the clubhouse dress at ours a little. I think it’s all Nonsense in any case.