Hairline crack on new Guitar

ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
Bought a new Guitar in  May and it appears to have a hairline crack in the soundboard close to the top edge. it is feelable with my fingers and is about 5 cms long protuding upwards should I return the Guitar?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    How expensive a guitar is it? Solid top or laminate? Bought from a local shop, or mail order?

Ordinarily I would say return it since it's under warranty, but if it's something that can be fixed easily and cheaply by a luthier it might not be worth the hassle of sending it back.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
    Hi ICBM it's a £180 farida bought locally it's open pore finish which is why I never spotted it sooner ,it sounds great i'm just worried the crack might might lengthen?
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    If you've had it a couple of months the seller may wonder if it's something that's happened since
    Red ones are better. 
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
    Sorry it's solid top laminate back sides
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    Clashman said:
    Hi ICBM it's a £180 farida bought locally it's open pore finish which is why I never spotted it sooner ,it sounds great i'm just worried the crack might might lengthen?
    I would definitely take it back and see what they say.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein