After 40 years of bands, my first ever solo gig... and it's in London, at a proper venue.

What's Hot
camfcamf Frets: 1191
edited June 2019 in Live
I've done hundreds and hundreds of gigs in various bands but this is a first. I'm bottom of the bill and only doing 20 mins or so, but if anyone in in North London on the 13th of July and is prepared to put up with a short, nervous set from a growler/songwriter, I would be very, very, very pleased to see you.

https://i.imgur.com/CBx911V.jpg
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    Nice
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    edited June 2019
    Cheers @Winny_Pooh ;; I'm already getting my guitar all sorted. @ICBM has just done a brilliant job of resetting the neck on my OM and setting it up beautifully. I'm also checking out how likely BA are to destroy in en route.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26912
    It's been a while since I was in the Hope & Anchor. Last time I was there it pissed down and someone's amp got a soaking after being left under a hatch to the street...

Good luck! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Haha! @stickyfiddle No amp for me this time, so I guess that's one less thing to worry about. I hope the weather is brilliant - not least because I'm going to the Neil Young/Bob Dylan show the day before, so a nice dry spell will be especially welcome. 

• pauladspaulads Frets: 495
    Very cool...good luck!

I'm doing a solo gig this weekend...I always find them a little bit scary!
    @paulads Ha! I'm trying not to dwell on the scary bit. Hope your gig goes brilliantly. Report back with an update. :)
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Break a leg
    Cheers @pintspiller. If I do break a leg, at my age, they'll probably just shoot me. Mercy killing. 

edited July 2019
    So despite having my name added to the bottom of a fabulous lineup, it seems there are still a few tickets for this. Come see the excellent bands and also see me surprising myself, startling some others and horrifying the unwary at The Hope & Anchor on Saturday 13th. Come along and be bemused.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz5rntrqq7mh0dd/Hope%20%26%20Anchor%20-%20July%2013th%202019.jpg?raw=1