Univibe recommendations...

What's Hot
simonbeckwithsimonbeckwith Frets: 215
edited June 2019 in FX
....budget £200 ish.

whats good and worth considering?

or just use a script phase 90 on faster settings?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Vibe baby from classic amplification. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    DryBell gets my vote.
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
    May be a curveball but for that price I’d genuinely be looking at a Flint and using the Harmonic trem setting its damn near to a univibe and you get all the other features 
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Interesting thought there @benmurray85 ;
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    I like the boring, old MXR M68.

For a more Leslie-like simulation, check out the Electro-Harmonix Lester G. (The built-in compressor is important.)

The Rocktron Reaction Chorus is capable of a passable wobble on the cheap.
    Be seeing you.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Phase 90 script for me (phase 95). More flexible. Saw off about 4 vibes I had
  • I’ve had the Voodoo Labs Micro Vibe (too dark) and 2 Fulltone Deja Vibes (both sipped too much on volume), have used a script phase 90 to good effect before but doesn’t have the same womp womp as a proper vibe. Close enough I guess for punters. Interested in the flint idea though!
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    Shin-Ei Vibe Bro Honey.

Unbelievable

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7735
    edited June 2019
    I prefer a phase 45 for this kinda thing than a phase 90, it's a great sound. However it's not truly a vibe. On a budget the viscous vibe & voodoo labs version gets good reviews or you can get a drybell vibe machine v1 at the upper end. 
  • FezFez Frets: 499
    I have been very happy with the TC Electronics Viscous vibe. I tried some of the tone prints but the stock setting does what I want.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    Fez said:
    I have been very happy with the TC Electronics Viscous vibe. I tried some of the tone prints but the stock setting does what I want.
    +1 Same here. Although I did have fun making my very own tone print because I wanted the speed to be a tad slower.
  • FezFez Frets: 499
    @Philtre Actually that does sound like a good call as I do tend to set it very slow.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • I forgot I had one of those ages ago, I liked the fact there was enough volume on tap to compensate for the others having a dip in volume, if that makes sense?
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
    Fulltone Deja Vibe for me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Which version have you got @shaunm  I had a black one which I think was 18v and that had a really noticeable volume drop when engaged. The white/cream one prior to that was less noticeable and was 9v but ramped up internally to 18v I believe?
  • Jam retro vibe - it’s amazing! If I decide on having a vibe again I’d buy one back. Just sounds right. 
  • Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
    +1 on the vibe machine. It has enough switches and knobs to dial in whatever sound you're looking for and I never notice any loss in volume (There's a dip switch for extra volume as far as I can remember). I have the version 2 so not sure what the 1st version is like but I'm sure it sounds just as good. 
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4722
    I used to own a white Deja Vibe and loved it for those Trower tones. Nailed them. But, not much good for anything else in my hands/feet. Large and weighed a ton. The HX FX has a vibe but I don't like it much. 
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    My current favourite is the Jam retro vibe. Best I’ve heard yet. Was impressed with the dry bell also. 
    I used a deja vibe silver custom shop version before. That was the best fulltone offering. But no where near as good as the retro vibe. 

The vibe I was most surprised by was the mojo vibe. Supposed to be one of the best. But I really didn’t like it. It didn’t go the vintage throb as well as I like.
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1276
    I used to own a white Deja Vibe and loved it for those Trower tones. Nailed them. But, not much good for anything else in my hands/feet. Large and weighed a ton. The HX FX has a vibe but I don't like it much. 
    Strangely enough, I find the Vibe on the Helix to be one of the more accomplished modulation effects on it. Compared to the RM Voodoo Vibe, I find it gets quite close.

In comparison the MXR Flanger on the Helix sounds and behaves very different from the real thing