Fraught moments before gig

FezFez Frets: 522
Companion post to Gigging with Lurgi.
So lead singer comes down with chest infection sings about 2 songs at Wednesday's rehearsal second singer takes up the slack. So prep to adjust set list for female second singer to sing lead.  Second singer has an estate car so usually helps by swinging by my place and taking some gear, I get a text about 6pm last night from her "I've got a jippey tummy can someone else help with the gear" me "Get to the gig I will sort the gear"  other guitarist swings by to help.
 Then my phone rings "Hey where are you playing tonight?" Me  "The Swan" "Not the White Hart?" "No that's the 12th July in two weeks time" "Only their board says your on tonight" Actually bless this guy he often comes to see us and he contacted the White Hart and they sorted the error Phew! Palpable relief on singers face when the message arrived, he thought it might be his fault as he booked the gig and was quite stressed about it (probably due to being ill). 

So we set up and start sound checking:
Monitors tweak and fiddle OK.
I'm not getting much FOH -so I go and see what singer is on about and start looking at the desk then other things. Err it might help if you switch the speakers on (powered Mackie tops) "Oh that's better".
Second singer mic not very loud - Me "Is that lead OK" the lead was changed and lo there was volume for Miss P too.
Once we got going it OK and actually a brilliant gig helped by a retirement do and a birthday.

Just goes to show when you have strength of two lead capable singers they can both be ill on the same day.
Don't touch that dial.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments