Strymon Flint in the front end

FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
Used the Flint reverb in the front of my amp rather than through the effects loop. You can lose the attack with the right settings.

With the mix turned up to almost 100% wet and decay very high you get an incredible ambient reverb swell. We had it on the Plate setting nice and loud in a decent sized room. Cheshire cat time!

Anyone else tried it? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4171
    Trying it now...prefer it on the 80s setting. Let it drift away.......sounds like a choir.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Philtre said:
    Trying it now...prefer it on the 80s setting. Let it drift away.......sounds like a choir.

I'm not sure if we actually did have it on the Hall setting, that's my favourite. 
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    Mine goes into a Blues Junior so it's a very basic setup with no loop. I like the 80s setting best, whatever settings are used.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    I love the Flint. I use in the loop with a fav switch. I set it on the 70s reverb with Bias Trem for everyday use, set quite subtly. Settings stored for the Fav switch are the 80s reverb set with a long tail and lot of mix feeding in to the Harmonic Trem and it gives a really nice ambient wash with the tail of the reverb going all modulated and swooshy as it mixes with the trem. Just slowly strum through a chord and let it do it's thing.

I haven't tried into the front but it sounding great doesn't surprise me, the Flint really is an excellent pedal and has become a keeper for me.

• Mine goes into a Blues Junior so it's a very basic setup with no loop. I like the 80s setting best, whatever settings are used.
    I have the same amp (the IV), with a Flint at the end of the chain. How do you find the Blues Jnr handles the Flint at higher mix settings/bigger reverb sounds?
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 410
    Mine is in to the front of the Electradyne.  Left set on 70's most of the time.  I love the harmonic trem as well, but all of them sound great.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Got a fantastic 'everything on' tone today, Thorpy FG and Peacekeeper in the front with EHX Grand Canyon digital delay, Flint 70s reverb and harmonic tremolo sounded absolutely epic. Might record it and put it up if I can remember how to use my DAW. 
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Fuengi said:
    Used the Flint reverb in the front of my amp rather than through the effects loop. You can lose the attack with the right settings.

With the mix turned up to almost 100% wet and decay very high you get an incredible ambient reverb swell. We had it on the Plate setting nice and loud in a decent sized room. Cheshire cat time!

Anyone else tried it? 

Yes and it sounded superb.

Enjoy.
  • Deijavoo said:
    Fuengi said:

Anyone else tried it? 

Yes and it sounded superb.

Enjoy.
    You love anything in the front end, dirty slag.

Bye!

• MistyMisty Frets: 135
    edited July 2019
    My Flint goes through my Dr Z Cure. It sounds good through the amp's loop, but not quite as bright, so better straight in the front end. I really like that pedal.

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4687

The Flint is great.  Always use it in the front if my effectloopless amps.  

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4171
    In like Flint!