Drug Fuelled Driving

What's Hot

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited July 2019
    Wiz for all the above @Gassage .

I don't really smoke any more but used to on a pretty much daily basis. Never made me lazy, I was still up at 6:30am every day for work, still went to the gym and did long bike rides, still aspired to improve at work etc. Having kids has made me lazier, they're bloody exhausting

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I know a lot of guys who say "it doesn't make me lazy" and I know categorically it does. It's laughable when they try to lecture you about drinking booze too.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    A recent study indicates that there's nothing wrong with smoking tons of weed.
    It aids creativity, brings financial and career success, doesn't make you lazy and contributes to general good health and longevity.

Admittedly, Willie Nelson was the only subject.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ahhhhhhh Willie Nelson ..... takes me back to the good ol' Musicradar days.

Bye!

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Modellista said:

It must take years of strong skunk to get to the panic attack stage.  It only take 10 mins of vodka drinking to make you a dangerous drunk driver, is my point.

Depends on the individual.  I've read of people having major problems after one or two.  Others aren't affected that way, but you don't know who will be and who won't.

I can't prove it, but I suspect that a lot of the rise in mental health issues is induced by cannabis.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    notanon said:
    sawyer said:
    The whole of County Durham stinks of the stuff because Durham Police have actually publically announced they won't do a thing about it unless your caught dealing. Estates stink of it. Kids out in the street growing up thinking this is normal. Don't care what anyone says its a gateway drug. 
    It makes me laugh when people talk about legalising cannabis, have they never walked down the street these days? Bristol, London, Cardiff, . . . blatantly smoked.

If it was the mild old grass of the past I would not be so bothered but skunk stinks and AFAIU a completely different kettle of fish.

Legalisation would be fantastic, and not because I smoke it (I don't) or because I think people deserve it (I couldn't care) but because so many people use it, why not just have a legal supply of it and use the tax to help improve the NHS, policing etc. Also a lot of petty and serious crime is linked to the growing and importing of dope, so make it legal and wipe that out over night 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    How about we all refrain from taking ANY substances we shouldn't before driving?

Also put your fucking phones away.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    And not just before driving. Driving these days needs your full attention, so here’s an idea, just drive:

and don’t sip coffee (from a huge cup that covers your face), shove a pasty ( substitute any friable food product) in your mouth and then pick up the debris by looking down and searching for it, light up and smoke, vape huge clouds of obscuring fog, put on make-up (each to their own, but not while driving), read the paper, have a conversation with your passenger while looking at them 100% of the time etc. 

Maybe that that would save a few lives.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

The positive thing about weed is you get CBD from it, and according to my stoner associates CBD cures all known diseases and heals you as well.  The government don't want you to know this so keep it quiet, but the good thing is if a stoned driver hits you in his car, he'll probably get out and rub you down with some CBD and you'll be better again.  And if you have cancer you'll be cured.  So it's not so bad.....

Anyway, I agree it's bad.  Prescription drugs can be just as bad though, has anybody ever had Tramadol?  
    Definitely don't try driving if you ever do, awful stuff.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26577
    TADodger said:

vape huge clouds of obscuring fog
    This is one that drives me nuts - I've had several drivers nearly smash into me because they couldn't see me through the thick cloud of vapour in their car. I vape while driving - and I can see everything, because I keep my windows open and blow the vapour out the side of my mouth, thus going straight out of the window. Oh, and I avoid doing it while I'm turning right, so I can see out of that window too.

It honestly beggars belief.
    <space for hire>
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    How about we all refrain from taking ANY substances we shouldn't before driving?

are you mad? you seen the standard of driving nowadays? No way I'm going out on those roads straight or sober!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24301
    edited July 2019
    "Reefer Madness" - Fifth Gear....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5C0xdwbg_4

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    VimFuego said:

are you mad? you seen the standard of driving nowadays? No way I'm going out on those roads straight or sober!!!
    You're only going out gay?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

Cycling to a workmate's house this morning (it was his turn to drive) and all I could smell was weed in the air!

They're all at it.

Cunts,

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    crunchman said:
    Modellista said:

It must take years of strong skunk to get to the panic attack stage.  It only take 10 mins of vodka drinking to make you a dangerous drunk driver, is my point.

Depends on the individual.  I've read of people having major problems after one or two.  Others aren't affected that way, but you don't know who will be and who won't.

I can't prove it, but I suspect that a lot of the rise in mental health issues is induced by cannabis.

I can confirm from first hand experience that there's been a significant rise in admissions to psychiatric hospitals since the introduction of these incredibly strong skunk hybrids.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    sawyer said:
    My neighbours bonkers on it.  He's got the street stinking of it. First sign of sunshine he's out there in front garden spoiling it for everyone else. Then out in the car to get some more. Dickhead.

He only smokes weed coz he's a bender and can't be blamed for such a lifestyle choice.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    Speaking from my own experience i used to smoke loads of pot, stopped once it all changed to Skunk, just didnt enjoy it anymore, getting a buzz on was great ( some nice Morroccan, Lebanese, Kashmir etc ), being off your tits and ending up watching Eastenders because your too smashed to be arsed to find the TV Remote was not. Modern Sensi/Skunk just doesnt do it for me 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Speaking from my own experience i used to smoke loads of pot, stopped once it all changed to Skunk, just didnt enjoy it anymore, getting a buzz on was great ( some nice Morroccan, Lebanese, Kashmir etc ), being off your tits and ending up watching Eastenders because your too smashed to be arsed to find the TV Remote was not. Modern Sensi/Skunk just doesnt do it for me 
    +1 and I really miss the pre skunk days.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Tbh, I'm sick of weed. The people I know who smoke it regularly are all a bit.... what would you say.... unproductive, unfulfilled, unchallenged, and unchallengeable. It really does ruin your brain - at least for a lot of people.
    It is currently my misfortune to have a neighbour who fits this description. Not being a medic, I cannot tell whether she has been turned psychotic by drug overuse or the drugs have disinhibited her behaviour, exposing a deep-seated predisposition. 

IMO, people who want auto-destruction should be granted it. Just well away from me! Darwin awards for all of ‘em.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    CBD cures all known diseases.  
    Nah. The guaranteed fix for all known diseases is bullets. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.