Anyone tried the Amposo wireless system?

What's Hot
markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
As above, anyone tried one of these yet? Never heard of them before, but seem to get good reviews. They look a bit ugly/ chunky (to me) but at £56 (on offer at the moment) are they worth a bash?

https://amposo.com/products/wirelesssystem?variant=28379535376489
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5368
    Dunno, but my various social media feeds are rammed with ads for them at the moment.

Interesting that their FAQ is all about ordering, billing and shipping, and nothing technical about the device. Nor any indication as to how easy it is to change the battery when it eventually stops taking charge.
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    Yep, that's where I spotted it, on FB I think. Perhaps I'll stick to the 'known entities' if I go this route. Probably too good to be true.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    It's marketed elsewhere as the "super number one rocket ship best wireless system for you professional guitar" I believe...

;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Our bassist had something similar for a while but it just turned out to be unreliable. Unfortunately, you can't really scrimp when it comes to wireless gear. I got lucky on eBay and found a Line6 G50 for under £200.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Seen these on FB too I don't like the jack on a swivel it's asking for trouble.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • I wouldn't risk it, whenever I've gone cheap on wireless systems it's been very unreliable. I've just bought a Boss WL20 system and it's excellent.
  • smigeonsmigeon Frets: 283
    I wouldn't risk it, whenever I've gone cheap on wireless systems it's been very unreliable. I've just bought a Boss WL20 system and it's excellent.
    Yes, I just got a WL20 as well. It’s great!
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    Lets go with ‘no, they’re probably shit and I shouldn’t waste my money’ then! 

Off to investigate the Boss one.....
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    The giveaway for me is where it says "our wireless sound is not sold in stores".
    (we haven't found anyone stupid enough to stock them).
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Ooo better hurry! Only a limited quantity remaining!
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    The Boss one claims 2.3ms latency, whereas the Amposo claims 6ms latency. Hating any latency, as I do, I think I'd opt for .... a cable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You're a better man than me if you can hear 2.3ms of latency. To me it's imperceptible and I think it's the lowest latency claimed in wireless systems currently available.
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    Looks a bit like a cheaper version of the Xvive-U2 wireless system which I have.
    I have had the Xvive for about a year & it has worked fine during that time albeit it has only had home use so I have no idea what it would be like in a live gig situation.
    The Xvive is just over £100
    https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/guitar-wireless-systems/xvive-wireless-guitar-system-in-black
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 913
    I've been gigging the X-Vive for about 18 months with no issues. Also use it at home and band practice. Great piece of kit.
  • Resurrecting this thread; these have just come up on my fb feed... I've got a friend who wants a cheapo wireless system just to use at home, so I've sent him a link and suggested he orders one. I'll let you all know how he gets on! :lol:
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• DominicDominic Frets: 16091
    What about SmoothHound ?
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4168
    edited September 2019
    Dominic said:
    What about SmoothHound ?
    That will probably be what I go for when I start gigging again... my friend is looking for a proper cheap as chips solution though - he was even looking at the £20 ones that come up on Amazon
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)