My dad died last night.

What's Hot

Comments

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope the housing problem goes away. Best wishes. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16290
    My condolences. 

FWIW I'm working with someone with autism who lives in a HA property with his mother who is dying of lung cancer and they want him out ( delightful aren't they). As I think I understand it depends on the type of tenancy but either the tenancy will pass to you or the HA has an obligation to offer alternative accommodation. Not something I've dealt with before but I'm pretty sure they can't just throw you out on the street. Certainly talk to the CAB, Shelter, get free legal advice. Obviously not what you want to be doing right now and hopefully the HA will give you some breathing space before they start talking to you. But certainly don't accept that they can just make you homeless. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    Sad news bud....lots of positive vibes coming from this direction...one step at a time...it will improve.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1753
    Shit man, I'm so sorry... hang on there!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6263
    Thoughts with you at a very difficult time mate. Leave it all til Monday, you need time with your grief first.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14165
    tFB Trader
    My condolences - Sorry I can't give any advise ref your own housing from now on wards, but a few FB members have offered good info above, so best wishes on that front
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    My condolences... for your father and your situation..
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    Very sorry for your loss. It must be particularly hard after being so close for so long.

Give yourself time to grieve and make funeral arrangements, etc. That's more than enough for the immediate future. After that deal with the bureaucracy of housing providers but be assured that you should definitely not be made homeless.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    I'm so sorry to hear your news. When you feel able to (or if you have a friend that can do so) talk to the HA and/or the council. I'm sure that they'll be helpful. I sincerely admire you for looking after your dad for so long - you should be very proud of that. 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12345
    My condolences. Hope you get things sorted on the housing front. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3581
    Thats a real raw deal on the house. Sorry for your loss. Time heals but grieving hurts. I wish you all the best.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11740
    Very sorry for your loss mate :(
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

Sorry to hear the news and condolences.

Get a friend or workmate to help you sort through the stuff that's coming up, don't do it alone.

The CAB will help with the actual steps, but you need someone there to support you as well.

Good luck.

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4679
    zepp76 said:
    As title, my dad passed away yesterday evening. After nearly 15 years of being his sole carer I am devastated. I am now staring at homelessness as the housing association will repossess the house that we have lived in for over 20 years. I don't know where to turn with all this happening, dark times ahead.

Sorry to hear this.  Try to deal with one thing at a time and not too much about the house at the moment.  Things will clear and there will be time to make a plan.  Don't think catastrophically about your house situation, there's always a way to move forward but try not to think worst case scenario or put the pressure on yourself for that as well at the moment.

No doubt there will be some good advise here as and when you need it, but first of all don't let your mind wonder to 'dark times ahead', because there will be good times ahead also, you just can't see it now.  
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5354
    So sorry to hear this. Sincere condolences, and positive vibes that the HA turn out to be human, not bureaucrats.
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Sorry for your loss. Would the council not have a duty to rehouse you? May be worth call in them. All the best to you.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Condolences :( 
    Definitely get in touch with the council re housing!!!
  • westfordwestford Frets: 574
    Sorry for your loss Zepp, thinking of you.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6118
    tFB Trader
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So sorry for your loss and to hear that you are having to suffer doubly because of the housing.

I lost my old man 6 years ago and still miss him most days.
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/