Withdrawn 1971 Martin D35 FS/FT Hudson HDR-3 With K&K Pure Mini Pickup

CMW335CMW335 Frets: 471
edited July 15 in Acoustics £
1971 Martin D-35 with LR Baggs SL Anthem

Very nice original D35 from 1971 fitted with LR Baggs SL Anthem pickup. In nice condition, bit of cosmetic wear around the sound hole and a little of the binding has peeled away but no structural issues, no cracks and I have been advised it has had a neck reset. I can see from the power of google it appears it was sold by Andy Baxter bass & guitars in the past. I don't know anything about these guys but may mean something to others... hopefully a positive. 

£2000

Hudson HDR3

Got this as a gigging guitar as my other acoustic is a vintage with no pickup. Don't know much about these in all honesty other than they are obviously heavily derivative of a Martin D42 but I can honestly say what an amazing guitar for the price. Easily stands up to a few 70s Martins I have had it up against as well as a few Gibson acoustics and definitely beats a few others with a higher price tag.

Model: HDR-3 NA

Body Shape: Dreadnought

Top: Solid Close Grain Cedar

Back: Solid Rosewood With Flame Maple Centre

Finish: Gloss

Scale Length: 653mm

Nut Width: 44mm

Sides: Solid Rosewood

Neck: African Mahogany

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Binding: Herringbone

Bridge: Rosewood

Saddle: Compensating

Nut: Bone

No. Frets: 20 (Nickel Silver)

Machine Heads: Kluson Vintage Open Gear

Strap Buttons: 1

Upgrades are high quality USA pickguard, bone nut and saddle and wonderful K & K pure mini pickup 

£800

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments