Tee shirt - Black or white ?

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Tee shirts are best used as polishing cloths or for mopping up spills.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7104
    spark240 said:
    Ok...so the general concesus is dark rather the light.....however ...the first batch will be white......then things might change.

Just something Im playing with as a sideline for now..

You're selling these?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    edited July 2019
    tony99 said:
    spark240 said:
    Ok...so the general concesus is dark rather the light.....however ...the first batch will be white......then things might change.

Just something Im playing with as a sideline for now..

You're selling these?

I will be yes.....some will be promotional...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    edited July 2019
    Depend what it says on it.

My “BORIS IS A SILLY MAN” T-shirt is white. But my “I’M NOT THAT KEEN ON CERTAIN POLITICS” T-shirt is black. 

Context is everything. 

EDIT: To not upset those who are easily offended. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2342
    randella said:
    Very very very dark blue 
    :)

"Never buy black socks in a normal shop, they will shaft you every time!"
    has to be as black as priests socks
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I don't really care what colour if I like the shirt image or message.

What I do like is cheap, thin material. I don't like thick wooly shirts that are too hot to wear and shrink in the wash.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24195
    depends on the design!
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    I've done a lot of research in to this. White is the most popular colour T shirt in the uk (7 to 1), unless its music related, then its black by a mile.

Stock T shirts is something else you need to consider, Gildan are heavy and not at all flattering (but very cheap), Gildan soft are much better (slightly more expensive), I went for Continental in the end. Gildan have USA big flappy sleeves, Euro designs are more shaped sleeves.

On a side note, I read that design as low amount of practice leads to high levels of confidence, which may be a misguided truth for me, but its probably not what you want to say :)
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    Jason said:
    I've done a lot of research in to this. White is the most popular colour T shirt in the uk (7 to 1), unless its music related, then its black by a mile.

Stock T shirts is something else you need to consider, Gildan are heavy and not at all flattering (but very cheap), Gildan soft are much better (slightly more expensive), I went for Continental in the end. Gildan have USA big flappy sleeves, Euro designs are more shaped sleeves.

On a side note, I read that design as low amount of practice leads to high levels of confidence, which may be a misguided truth for me, but its probably not what you want to say :)
    I don't think there's an awful lot of choice on the colour of music related tees, they're almost always exclusively black aren't they?

with the exception of the famous 80's "choose frankie" and "wham say relax" of course
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4308

Real men wear mankinis. Then it's lime green as it's just classic isn't it.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• DominicDominic Frets: 16081
    Hi Vis and matching hard hats and steel cap boots..............oh ,hang on ,that 's work 
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    Jason said:

I don't think there's an awful lot of choice on the colour of music related tees, they're almost always exclusively black aren't they?

with the exception of the famous 80's "choose frankie" and "wham say relax" of course
    I was talking to a band merch company, they along with many of their artists had tried to change away from black, nothing but the black sold, so back to black it is, which is a shame, because I prefer white
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    I always fancied getting a white Sisters of Mercy t-shirt, but expect I'd probably have been torn limb from limb if I ever wore it to a gig :)
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    I had a Nevermind tshirt in white. Have a John frusciante one in grey (also have a similar one in black tbf). Had a chilli peppers one in grey. Have a Hendrix one in bright blue. A Bowie one in white. 
    The jf one (which was a present) is the only black music related TS I can remember owning. 

Pretty sure I have had black ones too tho. 
    Always been a tshirt and jeans kinda guy.
    Do tend to wear long sleeves more now to hide the scars on my arms.

A black iron maiden tshirt is a classic. 
    Dominic said:
    Hi Vis and matching hard hats and steel cap boots..............oh ,hang on ,that 's work 
    or Village People
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I only own 2 tee shirts. They're both the exact same plain grey and I only wear them under a shirt if the weather calls for slightly more robust clothing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    I've only got about 10 whole band shirts, including 3 kyuss shirts and a Run DMC one. 
    I've maybe got 200 black band shirts. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9691
    Maybe do two thirds of the shirts black and one third white?

That way those of us with style can wear the White ones and the masses without style can wear the black ones?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    CHRISB50 said:

Real men wear mankinis. Then it's lime green as it's just classic isn't it.

Only if it's a Veloster
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    Maybe do two thirds of the shirts black and one third white?

That way those of us with style can wear the White ones and the masses without style can wear the black ones?
    I like this idea ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview