firebird kit - any recommendations?

What's Hot
As per the title - looking for a cheap firebird (or firebird style) kit to mess around with.

Found this on ebay 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DiY-Electric-Guitar-kit-Firebird-Deluxe-Ebony/183849817351?hash=item2ace4d9507:g:v64AAOSw~w9dBmMB

anyone tried one of these? 

or recommend a place to try? Not looking to spend a huge amount as its just something I want to do for fun. But I'd still like ti to be an OK guitar... even if it just ends up on the wall.

Cheers

Mark
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    markblack said:
    firebird style
    Firebird-style is what that kit is. The screwed-on neck will not recreate the tone of a design that had through neck construction.

More importantly, in my opinion, £180 is a bit much to be paying just to have a go to see what it is like. The same lessons could be learned for less money. Alternatively, that figure ought to get you a pre-owned Squier, JHS/Vintage or Harley-Benton on which to experiment.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    @Funkfingers not really worried about it being an exact firebird. 

I have done a couple of guitars before and I enjoy creating something nice to look at as much as I do playing it. (I also have a few nice guitars that I've have had nothing to do with :)

here's one...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom