Cars you miss

What's Hot
124»

Comments

  • rlwrlw Frets: 2032
    welshboyo said:
    rlw said:
    Alfasud 1.2ti
    Porsche 964RS
    Porsche 996 GT3

    the 964 bought for £30k, sold for £20k when no-one wanted them, just sold for £150k
    we live and learn
    Been there too...

    The Car I miss the most is my '83 911 Carrera - ended up selling it for under 10k about 5 years ago - they are now pushing 30k for a half decent example - mine was completely restored, engine rebuild etc etc...depressing...
    Never sell a 911 seems to be the sensible thing
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1211
    My 1.9GTi. Identical to this...

    peugeot-205-gti-vgarageclassics


    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 171
    boogieman said:
    I’ve had a few decent cars that I miss. The Jag XF we’ve not long got rid of was lovely...quick, extremely comfortable, well equipped and very economical considering how big a car it was. The reliability was the biggest issue though. I had a Rover P6 V8 that was nice too but 14mpg around town was the killer. Funnily enough the one I miss the most was an old geezer’s car: an early 80s Audi 100 saloon in metallic gold, with a brown draylon interior. It was fairly quick but it was actually more about the ride, it was just so comfortable, like wafting along in a giant overstuffed armchair. Shame the brakes packed up at 50mph one day  o
    We had a gold Audi 100 too! Loved it for the same reasons you did!
    Ours was the kinda pink hued gold, brown interior. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 171
    edited July 11
    My favourite car was my Celica that I had as my first car. I adored it and thought I was the dogs bollox driving it! I still view it with huge affection. Was a time in life when I was full of hope. Had some very good times in it! (I think you get my meaning), went great places in it. It’s memory is attached to some special people too. Yep I loved it !! 

    https://imgur.com/gallery/X3yTrgE



    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 1082
    Nissan 350z for me. Bit of a brute but lovely thing to drive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 2903
    Fiat Barchetta. 2 seat convertible, left hand drive. So pretty, firecracker engine and so much fun...

    Had to give it up when the kids came along.

    Now, 18 years on: son about to depart for uni., I just went full circle and scored a Fiat 124 Spider. 2 seats, convertible, pretty, and right hand drive :)
    Self-confessed Blues Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • rlwrlw Frets: 2032
    Dominic said:
    I had the first Mercedes C 2.3 Cosworth 16v to come to the UK ......it was a great car at the time
    I also miss a white 1973 911 RS but mainly because I sold it in the 80s  and they now fetch £450 k
    Even the the RSs were going up.  Foolish boy.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 1303
    JerkMoans said:
    Fiat Barchetta. 2 seat convertible, left hand drive. So pretty, firecracker engine and so much fun...

    Had to give it up when the kids came along.

    Now, 18 years on: son about to depart for uni., I just went full circle and scored a Fiat 124 Spider. 2 seats, convertible, pretty, and right hand drive
    My neighbour has one of those. A really good looking car and apparently fun to drive. I think Fiat stopped bringing them to the UK a few months ago so they may well become a desirable classic  -  if they last.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 693
    Peugeot 205GTi 1.6. Red. Got me into a lot of ‘enjoyable’ trouble in my youth.... My first proper quick car and never crashed it. Stupidly traded for a Rover 216. To quote @SteveRobinson - no picnics have been had in the backseats since!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • historyisjunkhistoryisjunk Frets: 191
    Have liked most of my cars & vans. Think the one I miss most in a way is one I didn't have very long. A 10 year old Volvo XC 70 with the D5 engine. That engine is brilliant, it's strange that Volvo engines don't seem to be considered that hot, but I think the older Focus ST's had the T5 engine. I think I jumped at the particular XC70 I had too soon as it was a manual & they are rarer, but it had the beige & plastic wood interior rather than the black & ali type & I really didn't like that. Every single thing worked on it though, like the heated electrically adjustable seats. I'd expect things like that to be long gone in a car that age. There was also no bodywork rust at all. I decided I had to get rid of it because I thought it used too much fuel (also the DPF). I got a Suzuki with the Fiat engine to replace it, that was much smaller & used more! Volvos are the business.

    Also sort of wish I still had my grandfather's MG Magnette ZA. I Don't think he got a car till he was middle aged & still had that up to about 1970. That was class, much preferred it to the Farina ones that came after. I imagine it was destroyed in banger racing like most of the others. Though I think they have a bit of a following as classics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • AdiAdi Frets: 37
    the_jaffa said:
    My BMW E30 M3

    It was written off in the 2007 Sheffield flood. Never mind the small matter of what they’re worth these days, it was a lovely car that was a bit of a dream to actually get to own. Not super fast by today’s standards at all but there was definitely something special about the way it drove and it looked fantastic. 
    What a shame, I absolutely adore the E30 series , especially such a rare car like the M3. I'm actually picking up my M4 coupe tomorrow, I've never had any of the M cars before so I'm really pumped!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 988
    I sold my E93 M3 a couple of weeks back. I miss her :-( Lovely car to drive, very forgiving and made a nice noise when pushed. They are not that quick by modern standards, but a lot of fun and always felt a little bit special.

    The E30's were lovely, are they not super rare?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 2903
    Jimbro66 said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Fiat Barchetta. 2 seat convertible, left hand drive. So pretty, firecracker engine and so much fun...

    Had to give it up when the kids came along.

    Now, 18 years on: son about to depart for uni., I just went full circle and scored a Fiat 124 Spider. 2 seats, convertible, pretty, and right hand drive
    My neighbour has one of those. A really good looking car and apparently fun to drive. I think Fiat stopped bringing them to the UK a few months ago so they may well become a desirable classic  -  if they last.
    Why thank you. It’s great: the guts are pure Mazda MX5, with a Fiat engine and body. The theory, I guess, is Japanese quality engineering and reliability, with Italian flair for the aesthetics. 

    Not sure who did the wiring...

    We’ll see :D 
    Self-confessed Blues Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 2903
    JerkMoans said:
    Jimbro66 said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Fiat Barchetta. 2 seat convertible, left hand drive. So pretty, firecracker engine and so much fun...

    Had to give it up when the kids came along.

    Now, 18 years on: son about to depart for uni., I just went full circle and scored a Fiat 124 Spider. 2 seats, convertible, pretty, and right hand drive
    My neighbour has one of those. A really good looking car and apparently fun to drive. I think Fiat stopped bringing them to the UK a few months ago so they may well become a desirable classic  -  if they last.
    Why thank you. It’s great: the guts are pure Mazda MX5, with a Fiat engine and body. The theory, I guess, is Japanese quality engineering and reliability, with Italian flair for the aesthetics. 

    Not sure who did the wiring...

    We’ll see :D 
    If anyone’s interested, here’s me and the boy taking the last drive in the Barchetta when I took it to be sold, as against the new ride. Compare and contrast :)

    https://imgur.com/a/JUqqfOe
    Self-confessed Blues Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Sign In or Register to comment.