What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2607
edited July 2019 in Music tFB Trader

Comments

• Superb. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    Epiphone's finest hour ! ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    Excellent stuff. I love the live tracks on Let It Be

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72262
    Just brilliant.

The bit where the city gent looking like Harold Wilson in full coat, hat and smoking a pipe walks straight up the fire escape to get a good view at 2'57" is absolutely priceless :).

I'd forgotten how much of the guitar solo playing was John and not George too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26928
    edited July 2019
    Absolutely wonderful. Obviously. Might go and play my ES330...

John's "and knlow your reesy gadly glue-ji bloogly" always makes me smile

And "I've got a feeling" once again showing that McCartney is one of the most underrated vocalists in rock
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10399
    Excellent

Nice to hear One after 909, one of the first songs they wrote as kids 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14195
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:

same here - just assumed it was all George

Great posting - Thanks @Rabs ;
    tFB Trader
    Interesting how 22mins of a gig/video can make 1 guitar so famous - the rosewood Tele
    edited July 2019
    For me, this final year of The Beatles was McCartney at his absolute arrogant, bullish, brilliant song writing peak, he looks great too. Watching them play together on 'I've Got Feeling' is mesmerising.

That stage looks a Health & Safety nightmare, with all the spaghetti of cables under John Lennon's feet!

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2083
    Im wondering  what the volume was actually like on the street ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2591
    For me, this final year of The Beatles was McCartney at his absolute arrogant, bullish, brilliant song writing peak, he looks great too. Watching them play together on 'I've Got Feeling' is mesmerising.
    Always wondered why Macca didn't grow a beard again when he was older.  He's one of those guys who started to look a bit womanish when he started to age.  A beard would have fixed that, and he can obviously grow a good one.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    edited July 2019 tFB Trader
    ICBM said:

same here - just assumed it was all George

Great posting - Thanks @Rabs ;;
    One of those musical clips that I can watch many many times and still enjoy..  :+1: 
    spark240 said:
    Probably not that high. Given the amps and PA they wouldn’t have been much louder than a pub band really, and being up that high it wouldn’t have been anything like as loud at ground level. I think the police closed it down because of the crowds blocking the street rather than the noise.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2591
    ICBM said:
    spark240 said:
    Probably not that high. Given the amps and PA they wouldn’t have been much louder than a pub band really, and being up that high it wouldn’t have been anything like as loud at ground level. I think the police closed it down because of the crowds blocking the street rather than the noise.
     Many younger folk won't realise that a big chunk of the conservative (small c) establishment at the time would have loathed The Beatles and all they stood for, and those feelings would have been very well represented in the senior ranks of the police force.  Whatever younger and more junior bobbies might have felt about the band they would be aware that most of their bosses would want this nipped in the bud.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    spark240 said:
    I think I could lip read a few police officers saying to the growing crowd 'Get Back'
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Blueingreen said:

Many younger folk won't realise that a big chunk of the conservative (small c) establishment at the time would have loathed The Beatles and all they stood for, and those feelings would have been very well represented in the senior ranks of the police force.  Whatever younger and more junior bobbies might have felt about the band they would be aware that most of their bosses would want this nipped in the bud.
    Yes, I’d agree with that - they were still thought of as troublemakers by a large section of the establishment, even though in some ways they had almost become part of it, much to Lennon’s annoyance - but one of the things I find most interesting about the film is the number of older people in it who are clearly positive about it, not just the ones they picked for comments but the numbers visible in the background as well.

• ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    Thanks for that @Rabs guess I needed reminding of how good they were every now and again!

• ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    I've watched sections of this film several times over the years. Only just clicked that, back then, I owned a bright blue version of the PVC coat that Ringo's wearing. :)
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    I can totally appreciate what the Beatles done for popular music. Plus they worked they're asses off to get there. Unlike a lot of new bands. 
    I can also see how exciting this kind of thing was at the time. 
    To me tho that sounds pretty crap. They could have had a wee practice before hand  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom