Ed Sheeran Heinz Ketchup Ad

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11872
    Why do people think of this as selling out?

It's a job, they took a job that gets paid good money.  It's not like they are being paid to beat up children, it's just standing in front of a camera with a script, it's what they do and it pays the bills.

Honest day work is just that.

No need to get all high horse about it, and also don't get jealous.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2408
    Why do people think of this as selling out?

It's a job, they took a job that gets paid good money.  It's not like they are being paid to beat up children, it's just standing in front of a camera with a script, it's what they do and it pays the bills.

Honest day work is just that.

No need to get all high horse about it, and also don't get jealous.
    This. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    To be fair, it's a really shit advert.... he's welcome to it.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    edited July 2019
    Philly_Q said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Keiko said:
    Also have you ever patted a ketchup bottle like that? it all comes out at once and goes everywhere. squeezy bottle is the way to go.
    Never shake a ketchup bottle...first none'll come, then alot'll.

That's part of my objection to the ad, I hate tomato ketchup more than anything else on earth so you won't see me within a mile of their difficult-to-access bottles in the first place.

But I mostly object to trillionaire Ed Sheeran doing adverts.

What amount of earnings do you consider acceptable to partake in advertising?! Strange objection. Is there a reason he shouldn’t take work he’s offered if he wants to do it? 

I haven't thought out an earnings ceiling. 

It just seems a bit unnecessary for one of the nation's richest men to jump at some advertising money and make himself the "face" of an everyday product.  Unless, as I said in the original post, he's giving the money to charity or something.  Which he may well have done. 

Or maybe he really, really loves ketchup and has only used his music career as a springboard to achieving his real lifelong dream of becoming a Heinz Tomato Ketchup global ambassador.   In which case good luck to him, I suppose.

You really have no understanding how advertising works do you? Or, you do, but are choosing to ignore Heinz’s good business sense because you dislike old ginger knackers cause he’s richer and more successful with women and guitar than you are.

I just groaned when I saw the advert and remembered I hardly ever watch tv but when I do I should make a drink during adverts.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22766
    edited July 2019
    Iamnobody said:
    You really have no understanding how advertising works do you? Or, you do, but are choosing to ignore Heinz’s good business sense because you dislike old ginger knackers cause he’s richer and more successful with women and guitar than you are.
    Ah, the old "you're just jealous" argument.  It was bound to appear sooner or later.  Yes, of course I am, I'm just green with envy.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28329
    So .... Ketchup turns your hair ginger?
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4668
    People watch adverts? 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7105
    Philly_Q said:
    Iamnobody said:
    Ah, the old "you're just jealous" argument.  It was bound to appear sooner or later.  Yes, of course I am, I'm just green with envy.
    There was actually a green heinz heinz ketchup marketed once, would've suited you down to the ground!!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • So it's official.

We've run out of things to talk about. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7105
    So it's official.

If you're going to make baseless claims like that please cite your sauces.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99 said:
    So it's official.

If you're going to make baseless claims like that please cite your sauces.
    I dijon know you felt so strongly about it..
    So it's official.

With all the utter tripe on this forum you picked my thread to make that comment?  I guess I should feel honoured.

tony99 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Iamnobody said:
    There was actually a green heinz heinz ketchup marketed once, would've suited you down to the ground!!
    Part of my ketchup phobia is related to fact that it's bright red.  I did actually buy the green (and purple) varieties when they came out and didn't find them quite as repugnant.  But I still hated the taste.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited July 2019
    In other news Robert De Niro is advertising Kias....
  • Philly_Q said:
    So it's official.

With all the utter tripe on this forum you picked my thread to make that comment?  I guess I should feel honoured.

It was offal of me. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Philly_Q said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Keiko said:
    Also have you ever patted a ketchup bottle like that? it all comes out at once and goes everywhere. squeezy bottle is the way to go.

That's part of my objection to the ad, I hate tomato ketchup more than anything else on earth so you won't see me within a mile of their difficult-to-access bottles in the first place.

What amount of earnings do you consider acceptable to partake in advertising?! Strange objection. Is there a reason he shouldn’t take work he’s offered if he wants to do it? 

Or maybe he really, really loves ketchup and has only used his music career as a springboard to achieving his real lifelong dream of becoming a Heinz Tomato Ketchup global ambassador.   In which case good luck to him, I suppose.

You might be on to something

https://people.com/food/ketchup-obsessed-ed-sheeran-stars-heinz-ad-idea/
    edited July 2019
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Keiko said:

You might be on to something

https://people.com/food/ketchup-obsessed-ed-sheeran-stars-heinz-ad-idea/

“This is pretty much what I was aiming for in life. Ketchup ad > stadium tour.”

Well, I take it all back.  The boy has achieved his dream.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28329
    You know you're washed up when your biggest hit is the back of a sauce bottle
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    Philly_Q said:
    Iamnobody said:
    Well you haven’t presented any other argument why you object to the advert! 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited July 2019
    I don't know if I dislike him more because his music is a bit shit or because he looks like the dweebs that my teenage daughter hangs around with. 

Ginger prick