PSA Marshall Origin 20 dropped again

What's Hot

Comments

• BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2176
    The combo is £344 on PMT still if anyone is desperate to get one. 

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/marshall-ori20c-origin-20-watt-all-valve-combo-amp ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 616
    Very happy with my Origin 20 Head through a 2 x 10 cab. Coupled with a Cali 76 and my 62 Strat it does the Frusciante thing to a tee :)

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11743
    Lets face it, the offers will be back, these clearly are only selling well at the bargain prices.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • In shops price is still 249£,online is 349.Visited yesterday afternoon Camden shop and this is what they told me.
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    I am glad it is £349 again as it stopped me buying one  B)
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4171
    Evildurka said:
    I am glad it is £349 again as it stopped me buying one  B)
    I said that once. ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72245
    impmann said:

And even cheaper as they are trying to off load them...
    It does seem like they’re trying to create a buying frenzy to get rid of them... the up/down pricing is a better way to do that than even a fixed low price - presumably they’re going to be discontinued.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    Lets face it, the offers will be back, these clearly are only selling well at the bargain prices.
    Agreed. I can’t imagine anyone forking out full price for one now.
    More chance of buying a full price sofa from DFS.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They've sent me a link to get the combo for £299 also. It seems like if you say the right things, they'll be fine with you having it for the offer price.

Must be really wanting to shift these.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • algroves1algroves1 Frets: 17
    Are these any good at home volumes?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    algroves1 said:
    Yes, the Combo is very flexible but the attenuation is terrible 
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    algroves1 said:
    I have the head through an oversized 1x12 cab and it sounds fabulous at 'kids asleep upstairs' volumes, using pedals for dirt. But by God does it open up when the kids are elsewhere and the neighbours are out (or deaf). 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Has anyone tried the Origin 2x12 angled cab? I really wany one (but don't need one)... 

I wish they were in the deal...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72245
    McToot said:
    Has anyone tried the Origin 2x12 angled cab? I really wany one (but don't need one)... 

I wish they were in the deal...
    They also look virtually identical to the Studio cabs which are £150 more expensive, apart from the lack of piping on the top and different grille cloth. The difference in cost between Seventy/80s and V-types isn't £150 either - £59 vs. £75 at UK retail prices, so much less to Marshall.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 682
    edited July 2019
    FWIW, if you see an offer somewhere, do the thing on the Andertons website and get them to price match for you. You then get 4 or 5 days to decide and make your purchase before their price matched "quote" runs out.

Just went down there and picked mine up. Tried the shop-soiled one first, got a bit carried away and one of the guys came and knocked on the door to tell me to turn it down! A 20w amp!

Got a very Raconteurs-y vibe from it with my old LP Studio. Sounded absolutely tremendous, could've sat there noodling all afternoon.

Was a bit dead before the master gets to noon but when it does... Mahgod!!

Just about to unbox mine now...

It's probably also worth noting that I'd been jonesing for a JCM800 combo since playing a Jag through one a month or two back. I bought one yesterday and spent all yesterday afternoon putting it through its paces. My point? Despite my significant purchase yesterday I still saw fit to get the Origin today (they're both great, btw, just good to have a little-un indoors so I can keep the big-un on the van!).
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    So, it's unboxed, it's great... But should the FX loop light be on on the footswitch all the time if there's nothing plugged into the fx loop?
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    No.  Stomp it to turn it off?
    edited July 2019
    Just plugged some delay in to the loop. Can't turn it off while the footswitch is attached. FX loop button is just constantly on, stomped or not.

Incidentally, if there's something plugged into the loop and the footswitch is NOT plugged in, should I hear the FX or not? Currently I'm not. IE. The only way to activate the FX loop is to have the footswitch attached (albeit I can't then turn it off!)
    It's going back tomorrow for an exchange. What a pain in the arse.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    I think you need the footswitch attached to operate the loop - have you checked the manual?

Sounds like it's faulty though as mine clicks on and off with nothing in the loop.