5 Days in Copenhagen

What's Hot
McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 171
I'm going to Copenhagen for 5 days at the end of this month.
 I have never been before, so looking forward to it.
Staying in Vesterbro area and I have a few ideas, but has anyone here been before ?  What should I see ...where should I go.....what should I do ??
All suggestions/ advice greatly appreciated....Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 1452
    edited July 9
    You could go to Slice of San Francisco for some award-winning cheesecake. I’m sure there are loads of better things to do, like Tivoli gardens; but I wasn’t there long and I do like my cafes.
    "It's not that we have a short time to live, but that we waste a lot of it" – Seneca
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 4546
    Foodie city !!!

There is the mermaid statue, a little anti-climax tbh, it's just off the edge into the water but on low tide you can just about reach it treading on some rocks.  There were a group of lads in a stag do and the groom climbed over and groped the statute.

There is also the Tovoli garden/amusement park in the centre.

Nyhavn is where all the postcards are taken from.

I forgot what i did apart from getting a great Michelin star meal, walked around for a few days.  I really like the relax nature of the city.   It's probably a bit late but if you get a chance to eat at Noma, do it.

• exocetexocet Frets: 749
    The "Slow Beer Bar" - officially known as Vinstue 90 http://copenhagenbeer.dk/%C3%B8lbar/vinstue-90

They make Carlsberg drinkable......very drinkable in fact.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 1486
    There were a group of lads in a stag do and the groom climbed over and groped the statute.
    hahaha Oi Oi !!
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 4546
    tony99 said:
    There were a group of lads in a stag do and the groom climbed over and groped the statute.
    hahaha Oi Oi !!
    I have a photo, it was in March freezing cold and he wore a lingerie, fell in the water too and cut himself on the rocks.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 5679
    It's apparently the nth statue, many past ones were nicked in the Danbish equivalent of stag nights.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 2636
    Deffo worth doing the Tivoli - we got in for nothing after their card reader wouldn't process my debit card, and the queue behind us was growing!

Just be aware that everything is mega-expensive - 10 years ago they wanted the equivalent of £7 for a small draught Carlsberg!

Did anyone bring the petits-fours?
  • exocetexocet Frets: 749
    Nitefly said:
    Deffo worth doing the Tivoli - we got in for nothing after their card reader wouldn't process my debit card, and the queue behind us was growing!

Just be aware that everything is mega-expensive - 10 years ago they wanted the equivalent of £7 for a small draught Carlsberg!

I was there last year and I didn't find it too bad....think the U.K is catching up with pricing (certainly with pub prices in London area). A pint in a mainstream city centre hotel was coming in at £8.....the reality is that it doesn't taste very nice so you don't want to drink much of it anyway :) Apart from the Carlesberg served in Vinstue 90 which is very nice.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 2101
    If you’re going to the pub, bring a LOT of money. Lots!
  • DottoreDottore Frets: 60
    If you like modern art, I'd highly recommend a trip on the train to a place called (somewhat bizarrely) Louisiana. No kidding, it was built by an industrialist who had three wives called Louisa, as I recall. There is some really fabulous art there, lots of Giacometti, Picasso, Kandinsky, the Pop Art guys. An excellent Louise Bourgeois show last time I was there. 

Only 35 mins on the train from the central station (by the Tivoli Gardens), and a beautiful setting, with lovely grounds looking out over the sea to Sweden. Elsinore is not far either, if you need to buy a packet of Hamlet…

You need an idea of what you are going to do, but it should be a vague idea.

My feedback page: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/91654/
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 1667
    I went there on business years ago; I recall we went to a bar (I think it was called Ladde's Bar) and saw a band in the basement.

I was with some Finnish folks and they were well impressed when someone called Dallas Wade got up for a few songs with the band.
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 171
    Thanks everyone.
    Yes, I know it will be pretty expensive....but hey ho, ...you are a long time dead...!!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 2636
    It doesn't scan as nicely as "One night in Bangkok"...

Did anyone bring the petits-fours?
  • fandangofandango Frets: 1446
    If you appreciate fine dining, then Geranium (restaurant).
    We choose to go to the Moon! We choose to go to the Moon...We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organise and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too." JF Kennedy 1963.

For Sale: Apple MacBook Pro (http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133742/fs-apple-macbook-pro-15-retina-995?new=1)
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 171
    Nitefly said:
    It doesn't scan as nicely as "One night in Bangkok"...

That's for next year........for more than one night though.!! 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 351
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freetown_Christiania

Not sure how it has changed over the years but used to be good fun...........
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 608
    When we went in 2004 it was Jazz central, we even saw a Upright Piano jazz busker outside in February.
    It's a nice city and an eye opener for integrated transport. If you are into history then Roskilde Viking museum is a short train ride away.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter