What's Hot

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7779
    edited August 2019

=)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31579
    Deke Dickerson just said on Facebook "If you're surprised about Jeffrey Epstein's death this morning....just imagine how surprised HE was!"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    trump gets the news...

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 844
    They're not even pretending anymore. Brings to mind that Zappa quote:

“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.”

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    oh_pollo said:
    They're not even pretending anymore. Brings to mind that Zappa quote:

“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.”

yup, they hold us in such contempt they no longer see the need to lie to us anymore. They see that no matter how preposterous the garbage they serve up to us, we still vote them back in or buy their shit.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    Is he actually dead... or has he been whisked off to one of his islands somewhere remote? :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72308
    tone1 said:
    Is he actually dead... or has he been whisked off to one of his islands somewhere remote? :s
    That depends on how awkward it would be if he ever showed up alive again.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    I was picturing something like the ending of the BFG....

• Bye!

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    Manhattan Attorney General says that the investigation will continue, as there is a conspiracy element.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    So who do we reckon ordered the hit/'suicide'?

Top 3 in the betting IMO

1. Trump
    2. British Royal Family
    3. The Clintons

=) 
    He was in a position to turn the alleged and unproven accusations against Prince Andrew into actual potential charges.  

The idea that a senior royal was having sex with underage girls could easily bring down the monarchy.

I'd be amazed if it wasn't the British government who did it.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28336
    The idea that a senior royal was having sex with underage girls could easily bring down the monarchy.

I can't see that bringing down the monarchy, it's just Prince Andrew that would be shafted. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited August 2019
    What about the videos that were discovered in his safe?

Anyway, the investigation is still ongoing:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/statement-manhattan-us-attorney-death-defendant-jeffrey-epstein
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4631
    Would be perfect excuse to skip a generation and make William King rather than Charles
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28336
    Would be perfect excuse to skip a generation and make William King rather than Charles
    I'm not aware that Charles is implicated in any of this?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31579
    I would trust Charles not to have been at dodgy parties in the US far more than I'd trust William...
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    He was in a position to turn the alleged and unproven accusations against Prince Andrew into actual potential charges.  

The fact he's dead suggests Chris Grayling wasn't involved. 

16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485

The fact he's dead suggests Chris Grayling wasn't involved. 
    although it is possibly Grayling was the guard on suicide watch.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1014
    edited August 2019
    axisus said:

I can't see that bringing down the monarchy, it's just Prince Andrew that would be shafted. 

That reminds me of the Spitting Image skit that was done with him at the Royal Variey Performance where he talks about the 'Shaftesbury'.
  • Did I just hear that right on the news? He was taken OFF suicide watch a couple of days ago?! :/ 

One of the most high profile prisoners on the planet, less than a couple of weeks from a previous failed suicide attempt, and he gets taken OFF suicide watch. Either some Grade A incompetence from the prison, or there's something fishy going on....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom