SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

ON HOLD 2018 Gibson Es-330 VOS Dark Cherry PRICE DROP £1899 new pics added

What's Hot
chris78chris78 Frets: 9306
edited July 2019 in Guitars £
In unplayed condition. I brought this for my wife to learn on, but she found it too big so she uses my es339. Ive just brought an es390 for her, which fits her better, so this is up for sale.

I know people slag off Gibson quality, but I’ve never found anything other than impeccable from Memphis and this fits the bill. Great sounding p90s than can jazz or scream if you want them to.

Nicked from the Peach website:

The Gibson ES-330 is one of the most sought after thinline, hollowbody guitars of the last 50 years, and as per usual Gibson Memphis have pulled out all the stops to bring us the 2018 ES-330. This limited edition model features the special run Dark Cherry finish.

With an absolutely stunning 3 ply Maple/Poplar/Maple body, the Gibson ES-330 is super resonant and tonally rich and vibrant. The quarter-sawn Mahogany neck features a Rosewood fingerboard, 12" radius and classic vintage Gibson pearloid block inlays.

Loaded with '50s style MHS P-90s, these Memphis Historic Spec pups deliver the vintage style sound everybody craves. An ABR-1 bridge with titanium saddles and the super slick thinline trapeze tailpiece offer great stunning stability and a real vintage vibe.

It's a great example of the quality craftsmanship coming out of Gibson Memphis these days.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2q4vq0vn6couqft/AAApJh1SxtBYJuSKncJ_GQ-0a?dl=0

Im located in Chatham, Kent and really don’t want to deliver if possible, but I'm happy to drive and meet a reasonable distance. 

I can’t think of anything I’d want on trades so cash is king please. Im
open to reasonable offers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9306
    edited July 2019
    Weekend bump
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    edited July 2019
    Thats a nice one

Thanks @andrewaward and for posting the pic. Even though I’ve followed the instructions, it never works for me
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    If you are on a PC its quite easy...…..just right click over the pic you want, select "copy" , then right click and "paste" wherever you want the pic in the thread
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    chris78 said:
    I bought this for my wife to learn on
    holy cr@p!

luck stunning, good luck with the sale!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26985
    Awesome guitar, I have one just the same. GLWTS!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited July 2019

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    I have one of these and can only add that they are bloody brilliant guitars. I never had more compliments from punters than when I briefly gigged with mine. 

GLWS 
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks @benmurray85 ;
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited July 2019

Edit: doesn't seem to have worked

• erky32erky32 Frets: 49
    This has got to be No.1 on my 'want' list, - just turned 70   :s  - so need to get there!! ...Tell me, the neck - is it 60s slim type?
    @erky32 here’s the description

The neck has a familiar rounded “C” neck profile, feeling substantial in the hands without being too chunky or cumbersome. Rolled binding also offers a smoother feel and a sleek transition between the side of the neck and the fretboard, a great feature that you will find only on high-quality instruments like this.The quarter-sawn mahogany neck is adorned with a rosewood fingerboard, giving you a silky smooth feel around the neck. This renowned combination of woods brings out the warmth of this guitar, merging well with the bright body woods. This means that this guitar sounds incredibly full-bodied, great for both live use and studio sessions.
    I’d say somewhere between slim 60s and a 59, so thinner than a 59, fatter than a slim 60s
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26985
    It's a really nice middling profile on these. The closest I have to anything else is my pre-2008 SG Standard. A shade thinner than a full 50's neck, but really nice and rounded without feeling "thin". Mine is probably the most comfortable profile of all my guitars.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited July 2019
    Thanks both for reply. It's always difficult to express a feel, almost as difficult as a sound. The YouTubes I've seen on a ES330 VOS 2018 suggest the characteristic zing of a 330, so hopefully the sound is there. The videos offer no mention of the neck. I used to own a 1997 "LP Classic 1960" which had the "slim taper 60s" neck. That was perfect, C-shape with soft shoulders. Then I had a 335 with same neck - and that was downright skinny!! Presently I have an Epi ES LesPaul semi, that is slightly chunkier, but very managable. In acoustics I like the Taylor *14 necks - if all that gives any indication of what I'm looking for , probably the less chunky style, - I'm interested. 
    edited July 2019
    If it works for you, you're welcome to come over and have a try. I'm always happy to talk shit to anyone about guitars =)
    Thanks for the invitation. Sadly, July/Aug flight prices are a tad steep for a viewing. If you're still selling after the summer I might take you up on that. 
    Hadn’t realised you were over the channel! No worries
    To the top
    Price drop to £1899