KISS - End of the Road Tour

What's Hot
FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2399
Anyone else been to / going to this...?

Caught the Birmingham show on Tuesday, and it was mental - proper rock and roll show! Bizarrely, they had a painter as the support act, but he was actually very very good - and nobody threw anything at him, which is good.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Not seen but a pal went and posted some pix of the show on Farcebook. It certainly looked like an impressive show, I reckon that it would have been a lot of fun but then I only know one Kiss song.

I Wish I'd gone to see Motley Crue's last tour ...
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    axisus said:

I Wish I'd gone to see Motley Crue's last tour ...
    I saw that.. was.. disappointing. You didn't miss out.

Have seen Kiss quite a few times though, always a fantastic show. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    All reports I've heard about the Brum show have been off the scale. Brilliant show and production, as you'd expect.

London show tonight and I expect more of the same and there are some great pics of punters made up (literally)
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    I was there, second time this tour, I went to Madison Square Garden in March, fulfilling a 12 year old boy's dream of seeing KISS in NYC. I've been to every tour since Lick It Up in '83, I swear the combined amount of pyro from 83-17 didn't touch the amount they use on the current tour.

We were in the same hotel as Garibaldi (the painter) in New York, he is a really nice guy and quite down to earth about his talent.

I hope to be able to get to the last ever show where ever that may be
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2399
    Yeah, it was fantastic; myself and the Mrs went with a couple of mates who had never seen KISS before; they were amazed and stunned at how good it was.

The pyro itself was insane - and I was amazed at how good a singer Eric Singer is!

Garibaldi was a bit weird to start with, but soon had everyone's attention. First time I've experienced that kind of support act though.

However - £25 for a programme and minimum of £35 for a t-shirt...????!
    tFB Trader
    FarleyUK said:
    Yeah, it was fantastic; myself and the Mrs went with a couple of mates who had never seen KISS before; they were amazed and stunned at how good it was.

The pyro itself was insane - and I was amazed at how good a singer Eric Singer is!

Garibaldi was a bit weird to start with, but soon had everyone's attention. First time I've experienced that kind of support act though.

I think thats bog standard costs these days for merch, I thought that the ticket price was pretty reasonable given how much they must spend on the show, Ed Sheeran would charge the same for far less of a show.

I also had mates that had never seen them before, just raving about the show now and wishing they had never dismissed them before.

Did you clock that the lights were only purple, red, green and blue, nice little touch for the uber nerds?
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited July 2019
    I saw them in the late 90s at Wembley (1999, I think) and I was amazed at how much heat those flame pots give off. I was three-quarters of the way back and up on the side and about 30 secs after they went off, a waft of heat, not just warmth, hit me. Crikey, what's it like for them on stage and wearing leather, too? I know they may have cooling fans but....ooooh scorchio!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2399
    Jason said:
    FarleyUK said:

I think thats bog standard costs these days for merch, I thought that the ticket price was pretty reasonable given how much they must spend on the show, Ed Sheeran would charge the same for far less of a show.

I also had mates that had never seen them before, just raving about the show now and wishing they had never dismissed them before.

Did you clock that the lights were only purple, red, green and blue, nice little touch for the uber nerds?
    I didn't actually! I'm not a huge huge fan, but that's a pretty nice touch.

We were seated, and judging by how rammed everyone in the standing area was, that's probably a good thing...

Fantastic live show though, very very impressed. I really want some pyro on my guitar and as part of my band's show now....!
    tFB Trader

They will sort you out :)

When I ran Music Live at The NEC, I used them, I opened the show one year with flash bombs, just because I could

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071
    I saw them on the reunion tour with Ace and Peter - best show I've ever seen production wise. If this has more pyro and cherry pickers than then it must've been massive. Still love the firework shooting out of the LP into the lighting gantry - blew me away it did.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Off to see them Sunday, can't wait !!h
    #thebatesmotelband
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    I saw them on the reunion tour.
    They were brilliant.

Strangers were hugging afterwards
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    I went to Status Quo's 'End of the Road' tour.

In 1984. :lol:

It was supposed to be their last ever gig, at their spiritual home, South London, Selhurst Park.

It sold out in hours (pre internet) so they hastily arranged another one at Milton Keynes. Thanks for that, '2nd last ever' gig doesn't have quite the same ring!

Immaterial as it happens.

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    I saw them last night at the O2 and it was a spectacle of a show for sure.
    Seen them about 25 times since 1980 and this production was as good as any previous ones they'd done 

Sadly Stanley's voice is beyond shot and only works on the songs where he is using tapes - it's so sad as his voice in the late 80s to late 90s was off the scale good. 
    The other downside is that to help the voices the guitars were tuned right down to C sharp which doesn't help with the sound of the riffs etc. Eric Singer was somewhat the star of the show for me last night - voice was good and drumming as solid as ever and Tommy Thayer was a solid and dependable as ever.

If last night's show had been with voices intact it would possibly be one of those all time best shows you'd seen.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    I saw them last night at the O2 and it was a spectacle of a show for sure.
    Seen them about 25 times since 1980 and this production was as good as any previous ones they'd done 

Sadly Stanley's voice is beyond shot and only works on the songs where he is using tapes - it's so sad as his voice in the late 80s to late 90s was off the scale good. 
    The other downside is that to help the voices the guitars were tuned right down to C sharp which doesn't help with the sound of the riffs etc. Eric Singer was somewhat the star of the show for me last night - voice was good and drumming as solid as ever and Tommy Thayer was a solid and dependable as ever.

If last night's show had been with voices intact it would possibly be one of those all time best shows you'd seen.

I was there to. Fantastic show , Yes Pauls voice is a little ropey these days but didn't distract from what was a proper Rock show. 
    Took my Wife and Daughter along and although not Kiss fans they were blown away by the show.