More car advice! (no, really!) 0% deals

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Never buy a brand new car but if you must...

Get  a PCP for the Kodiak  which will get you £3k or whatever  finance contribution from VAG for using PCP and the usual discount (use carwow to get the best offer). Then the next day just ask them for the balance and pay it off with either money you already have or a cheap 3% loan.  Entirely legal. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited July 2019
    Our Tarraco 0% deal is based on Stock cars only not factory orders.

I drive one and it’s nice with lot so of space and drives better than my old Kodiaq did.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1467
    DanR said:

I drive one and it’s nice with lot so of space and drives better than my old Kodiaq did.
    Sounds like you're a SEAT Salesman...so you would say that :D 

Never buy a brand new car but if you must...

Get  a PCP for the Kodiak  which will get you £3k or whatever  finance contribution from VAG for using PCP and the usual discount (use carwow to get the best offer). Then the next day just ask them for the balance and pay it off with either money you already have or a cheap 3% loan.  Entirely legal. 
    definitely something I've considered. the dealer deposit contribution and discount helps to offset the immediate depreciation 
    edited July 2019
    =) I do both
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

DanR said:

In all seriousness, this is good to know. The seats look and feel uninspiring compared to the "hugging" ones in the Kodiaq...so I was concerned about comfort and ride on long journeys. (my wife loves the tray tables in the back though. FFS)
    edited July 2019
    Which trim levels were you looking at at what engine gear box did you want.

Size and comfort are pretty much identical I personally prefer the look of the Tarraco.

I do genuinely prefer the drive of pretty much all the Seats over the Skoda range though.  

There’s no scope for options on Seat though just come as standard specs.

Theres also a few of the first editions around in the Xcellence trim which are nice.
    DanR said:

Size and comfort are pretty much identical I personally prefer the look of the Tarraco.

I do genuinely prefer the drive of pretty much all the Seats over the Skoda range though.
    Originally were looking at the SE Technology. 

The SE First Edition has a few things that would be nice (rear camera etc) but I don't really get how the first edition things work or what exactly they are as they don't seem to be official trims. 

But when we were looking at the 0% we were looking at the XCELLENCE as this has basically everything we want (including power tailgate with foot wavy thing, which is handy with an 18 month old!) except an autobox (as we want the 1.5 TSI)

Whenever Seat launch a new model the first edition trims comes with additional equipment but it’s only on that first batch.

I know there’s a few manuals around but most DSG are with the 190ps TDI.

DanR said:

There’s no scope for options on Seat though just come as standard specs.

Theres also a few of the first editions around in the Xcellence trim which are nice.
    just seen your edited post. As I say I'm still unsure how the 1st Editions work. what even are they? haha. 

And we're not opposed to an ex-demo/pre-reg/low mileage used either. 

DanR said:
    Whenever Seat launch a new model the first edition trims comes with additional equipment but it’s only on that first batch.

I know there’s a few manuals around but most DSG are with the 190ps TDI.
    Got it. 

the manual petrol is where we want to be. As we don't do the journeys for a diesel. 
    So you get the following.

Xcellence First Edition.

20” Alloys (same as on the Lux)
    Sports Seats with Alcantara.
    Winter pack - Heated front and outer rear seats.
    Top view camera - So basically cameras on all 4 sides of the car.
    Panoramic Sunroof.
    Driving and safety packs.

Xcellence first edition plus 

Beats audio
    Electric drivers seat.

We can get 1.5 manuals in the first edition trim and 2.0 tsi dsg in plus trim.

DanR said:
    So you get the following.

Xcellence First Edition.

20” Alloys (same as on the Lux)
    Sports Seats with Alcantara.
    Winter pack - Heated front and outer rear seats.
    Top view camera - So basically cameras on all 4 sides of the car.
    Panoramic Sunroof.
    Driving and safety packs.

Xcellence first edition plus 

Beats audio
    Electric drivers seat.

We can get 1.5 manuals in the first edition trim and 2.0 tsi dsg in plus trim.

And what prices are we looking at for the Xcellence 1st? (not bothered about electric seat or Beats audio but the Top view camera is a nice addition in my x trail currently). 

don't much fancy replacing 20" wheels though haha :D 
    They are £33,275 and I’d need to check the campaigns to see about any additional money off.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    edited July 2019
    joneve said:
    Iamnobody said:
    I’ll just leave my usual comment for car threads.

Have you considered leasing?
    What would be the benefit of leasing? 

I'm not particularly precious about owning the car but for the same mileage and similar money down, it's the same monthly re-payment (wish) 
    You’d have to compare the costs on the best deals but a 3 year lease deal on a Kodiaq is around £12-13k all in and a 4 year one is ~ £15k. 

The real benefit of leasing from my point of view is no large deposit so all our spare money sits in our offset mortgage account and when we had decent savings we were able to pay for our extension work instead of tying it all up in a depreciating car.

I’m still driving a safe and reliable brand new £20k car for a relatively small monthly fee (comparing very well to my previous monthly loan repayment on an 8 year old car) and I know that when I hand it back after two years I haven’t got the hassle of selling it and bell ends coming to my house to tyre kick or dealers offering low chop in values.

Having piece of mind that there’s no unexpected repair bills because the car is under warranty, no MOT (on 24 and 36 month) and you can get maintenance for a small monthly fee to cover servicing and tyres. Fixed costs every month allow me to budget effectively and make sure every spare penny pays off my largest debt - my mortgage. 

The biggets benefit is not owning a car! 

If you aren’t precious on make, spec and colour and or do low annual mileage you can get some excellent deals that are rude not take.

My wife’s last car was a Hyundai i30 £1200 down and £92 month they even chopped in her 12 year old golf for the deposit and gave us money back. Look out for older models being phased out or new models that they need to shift.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Iamnobody said:
    joneve said:
    Iamnobody said:
    I’ll just leave my usual comment for car threads.

Have you considered leasing?
    What would be the benefit of leasing? 

I'm not particularly precious about owning the car but for the same mileage and similar money down, it's the same monthly re-payment (wish) 
    You’d have to compare the costs on the best deals but a 3 year lease deal on a Kodiaq is around £12-13k all in and a 4 year one is ~ £15k. 

The real benefit of leasing from my point of view is no large deposit so all our spare money sits in our offset mortgage account and when we had decent savings we were able to pay for our extension work instead of tying it all up in a depreciating car.

I’m still driving a safe and reliable brand new £20k car for a relatively small monthly fee (comparing very well to my previous monthly loan repayment on an 8 year old car) and I know that when I hand it back after two years I haven’t got the hassle of selling it and bell ends coming to my house to tyre kick or dealers offering low chop in values.

Having piece of mind that there’s no unexpected repair bills because the car is under warranty, no MOT (on 24 and 36 month) and you can get maintenance for a small monthly fee to cover servicing and tyres. Fixed costs every month allow me to budget effectively and make sure every spare penny pays off my largest debt - my mortgage. 

The biggets benefit is not owning a car! 

If you aren’t precious on make, spec and colour and or do low annual mileage you can get some excellent deals that are rude not take.

My wife’s last car was a Hyundai i30 £1200 down and £92 month they even chopped in her 12 year old golf for the deposit and gave us money back. Look out for older models being phased out or new models that they need to shift.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Cheers mate. Makes a lot of sense
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2356
    The 7 speed dsg is excellent
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!