Reverse Reverb for MBV sound.

What's Hot
Calum13Calum13 Frets: 37
I’m looking for a reverse reverb pedal under 100 quid that can get me in the right ballpark for the MBV sound. I use a fuzz face for distortion and usually have it first out of my pedals. I’m not sure if Kevin Shields’ reverse reverb (Yamaha SPX, Alesis Midiverb) was before or after the fuzz. If I put a pedal before the fuzz face that has a buffer it doesn’t sound good. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• get the zoom MS70CDR, it has a load of good reverbs in for £75 including some reverse ones and a copy of the Eventide Blackhole 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    get the zoom MS70CDR, it has a load of good reverbs in for £75 including some reverse ones and a copy of the Eventide Blackhole 
    It's a damn good reverse reverb on that pedal - I preferred it to the DIgitech Digiverb. Apparently it's based on the Digitech Hardwire RV-7's reverse reverb, which I've yet to try. 

MS70CDRs can be found for around £50 on here - ironically I've just sold mine on Ebay. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • get the zoom MS70CDR, it has a load of good reverbs in for £75 including some reverse ones and a copy of the Eventide Blackhole 
    actually it's also got their take on the Eventide Mangledverb in it which is MBV in a box
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    get the zoom MS70CDR, it has a load of good reverbs in for £75 including some reverse ones and a copy of the Eventide Blackhole 
    The MS-50G has the same FX (with the 3.0 update). The only difference is the MS-50G has only mono input, and is a different colour.

Am about to list mine on here. Will be £60 posted.

R.
  • Calum13Calum13 Frets: 37
    Can the reverse reverb do full wet?
  • Calum13 said:
    I believe so - honestly the Mangled Verb will get you there without the need of a fuzz pedal
  • Calum13Calum13 Frets: 37
    Does the Alesis nanoverb have reverse? What’s the easiest way to connect it to the amp?
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    Spot on. I’ve got the MS-50g (same deal - more effects but mono only). I actually used to have a RV-7 on which the reverse Reverb is based on for years, a major part of my live sound. The Zoom is 95% there (a little less detailed perhaps) but allows you to mix the dry signal back in so it wins easily. If your aim is ‘wall of sound’ then ‘detail’ can do one anyway! 
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    edited July 2019
    Calum13 said:
    I believe so - honestly the Mangled Verb will get you there without the need of a fuzz pedal
    Yes, kill dry is an option. 

Seriously, the Zoom is the pedal to have for ambient noisy off-the-wall sounds. Stick it in a bypass loop and it’s a great jack of all trades for live use. Even the basics like tremolo and phaser are great. 
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
    The Digiverb does a decent reverse, although I think it’s bettered by the Polara. The Digiverb is an absolute steal though, great plate and spring, and solid as a Boss.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    The EHX reverse delay is only £110 new, think I'd better look at one 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited July 2019
    sweepy said:
    The EHX reverse delay is only £110 new, think I'd better look at one 
    EHX Oceans 11 has a very good reverse reverb with some adjustable parameters.  Might do what you want plus a lot of other reverb options.  Same ball park price too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    Just to echo comments above, the Zoom MS-70CDR is what you need.  It also has a dedicated early reflections reverb, which is another big part of the MBV sound.  Sold mine a while back, and really can't remember exactly why!
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183

Might be helpful
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    Pretty sure the Marshall Reflector will do it.