Decent electric piano ~ £300 used?

i have no idea where to begin. I’d like something that will last, has decent, weighted keys and looks somewhat nice in my living room
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    edited July 2019
    I had a lovely looking Korg that set me back £400 new & would likely be easy to find under £300. Including a stand & everything. It was a few years back, so I can't remember the model number, but it felt fantastic to play, looked the part, and sounded good.

It might've been an SP something. I'd definitely recommend checking Korg out, anyway!

Edit: It was like this, but black https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/korg-b1sp-digital-piano-white/ Played very very well. Might be worth keeping an eye out for good second hand Korg's, & also Yamaha's in my experience.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6143
    If you can put up with the puppy-on-crack that is Jack, this is an interesting blindfold test for the cheaper end of the market:

Roland Go Piano 88 does far too well for its price (note key feel comment)

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    My daughter has a smaller roland go piano we picked up from @fuengi it sounds really nice, not even for the price just sounds great.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    Yamaha P series. I got whatever was the cheapest one at the time (P35 I think) for £200 second hand in perfect condition a few years ago. They have basically the same keyboard as the more expensive ones but much more limited sounds and amp/speakers.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446

We bought a Roland FP30 for my daughter for around £500 new, so would be around £300 second hand.  That's the entry level one in that range, but has the same keys and sounds as the more expensive ones.  I've always preferred the sound of Roland to Yamaha.