Working on a video for tFB

What's Hot

Comments

• Nice, good luck with it. Sounds like a great project to be involved in.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26458
    @WiresDreamDisasters @digitalscream what's your plan for TFB YouTube then? What do you want to achieve? 

I'm not talking about this one video, I mean more broadly.
    Broadly speaking, equipment reviews, interviews, round table discussions, tips and tricks, those are where our head are at right now. But it's all extremely early days. For myself I'm going into this slowly, not least of all because of ... *ahem* ... personality clashes... but let's see what happens!
    This, and the fact that there's really no rush. Short of me being hit by a bus, I'm not going anywhere...so I'm happy for it to be a slow-burner.

There will be the usual gear-review-type-things, but there will be other stuff to take advantage of the forum membership as a resource, and once it gets bigger (!) it could almost be used as a launchpad for members to start their own YouTube content.

It's all pretty woolly at the moment, because really...it's going to be an experiment until we've found a format that works and isn't horrifically time-intensive.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sounds great. 

To really set it apart, I'd consult the audience at every possible opportunity, so that it can stay user driven, fresh and relevant. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Don't forget something for us bass-turds. Even if it's about how often we change strings or don't learn our parts.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    +1 for member rig rundowns. I'd be up for it 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    I'd like the demo to be entirely focussed on the feel of the foot switches with no audio clips. Comparison of bare feet, socks and trainers is a must and maybe cover DMs, stiletto heels and new rocks for completeness. All talking should be entirely in iambic pentameter and the puppet break should be kept brief to leave the audience wanting more.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd like the demo to be entirely focussed on the feel of the foot switches with no audio clips. Comparison of bare feet, socks and trainers is a must and maybe cover DMs, stiletto heels and new rocks for completeness. All talking should be entirely in iambic pentameter and the puppet break should be kept brief to leave the audience wanting more.
    Second thoughts...don't bother asking users.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd like the demo to be entirely focussed on the feel of the foot switches with no audio clips. Comparison of bare feet, socks and trainers is a must and maybe cover DMs, stiletto heels and new rocks for completeness. All talking should be entirely in iambic pentameter and the puppet break should be kept brief to leave the audience wanting more.
     <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3 

Bye!

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    No telecasters, okay!  ;)
  • Crotch shots 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11790
    make sure you cover different playing styles, i.e. different players unless you are incredibly versatile
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Scantily clad girls are a must.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    I get asking for input, but to be frank (yes, you can still be Drew...) the channels that work best do because, imho, they do things their way - a combination of expressing their personality and preferences and let the audience self-select, and finding a place in amongst all the rest of the stuff on similar topics. 

So I might always have my head turned by people who show a creative application, or interesting use for a sound, whereas others might hate that and be distracted by the creative choices. 

My personal pet peeves are bare feet <shudder> and any element of unboxing <SKIP!> but tbh if the content appealed in other ways I'd probably forgive even those mortal sins. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Try and put a bit of life into it.
    There aren't many gear demos that I dislike but I'm not too keen on Mike Hermans, his playing is so sterile it puts me to sleep, and The Tone King, he inexplicably makes everything sound the same.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    I'd like the demo to be entirely focussed on the feel of the foot switches with no audio clips. Comparison of bare feet, socks and trainers is a must and maybe cover DMs, stiletto heels and new rocks for completeness. All talking should be entirely in iambic pentameter and the puppet break should be kept brief to leave the audience wanting more.
    I'll have you know I've been clean for 15 years.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    TimmyO said:
    I get asking for input, but to be frank (yes, you can still be Drew...)
    I miss Frank! :bawling: @frankus
  • DLM said:
    TimmyO said:
    I get asking for input, but to be frank (yes, you can still be Drew...)
    I miss Frank! :bawling: @frankus
    He wants nothing to do with you. Harlot.

Bye!

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Sassafras said:
    Try and put a bit of life into it.
    There aren't many gear demos that I dislike but I'm not too keen on Mike Hermans, his playing is so sterile it puts me to sleep, and The Tone King, he inexplicably makes everything sound the same.
    I reckon, without too much effort you can get a lot of pedals to sound mighty similar if you wish.
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    TimmyO said:
    I get asking for input, but to be frank (yes, you can still be Drew...) the channels that work best do because, imho, they do things their way - a combination of expressing their personality and preferences and let the audience self-select, and finding a place in amongst all the rest of the stuff on similar topics. 

This. Just do a video that you would like to watch is surely the best approach? Your DD-500 video was excellent. I got more out of that than i did the crap manual.  
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590

...don't bother asking users.
    How to manage your mother-in-law: ask her opinion. You don’t have do do what she suggests, but you do have to ask.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.